2006 Minifig Set Pics

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Recluce wrote:4. No new visors, just the same ones in the silver fleck.
I wonder...

These aren't coming out until Summer 2006. After the past couple years, and with our KK2 and Viking experiences thus far, we, of all people, ought to be wary of prototype pictures.

Overall, I agree that KK2 continues to improve. The overall more grey-and-black colour scheme looks impressive- and it's nice from a MOCist's point of view.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

So, we have our first glimpse of KKII:III!
That´s right, let´s not jump to conclusions too fast here. It looks like somethin that could well go into the final catalogue, but we can´t be sure, of course.

My first reaction was that it looks very much like this years´sets, no bigger changes, but then again, that winged ship looks mighty wicked! And there are some maces there too (I guess that answers the question we had from those maxi-figs) TLC is going to take on of the AFOL-ideas, finally!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Firstly, I apologise for the lack of image quality. You see, the image itself on paper is quite dark, and I didn't know how to lighten it.

Now onto the questions... 8)
Thank you for the leaflet scan.
Hmmm... thanks for the scan!
PS. Thanks for the pic!
You're welcome :wink: .
I can see Danju's helmet in flaked metallic colours, but I can't make out any new helmets.
Actually, both Danju and Santis's helmets are in metallic colours.
Of course, full pictures have yet to be released, so I can't really pass judgement on anything but Vladek. It looks as if they spraypainted his helmet speckled silver now...
Yes, his helmet is now metallic. Also, he now has a brown sword.
The ship looks interesting but I can't really make out many details.
Even with the picture before my eyes, it's hard to make out, but the ship has an anchor made of Viking horns connecting together on a chain, which can be reeled in. The ship is manned by Sir Dracus, in a 'cockpit' at the front, just before the mast, whilst Sir Karzon is in a small section at the back, where Sir Kentis (the green guy) is trying to get aboard on the anchor. Another thing worthy of note is that there is no catapult on the ship. Lastly, there's some sort of ram at the front of the ship, below the mast.
1. Breastplates remain unchanged.
Actually, looking at the ship, it LOOKS like Sir Dracus has a new breastplate, a smooth one with a silver rim around it. However, this might just be a torso print, and the picture isn't good enough to make out, so I can't really answer this.
5. Scorpion knights all have breastplates, and either run around nekkid except for their full plate armor, or they're wearing yellow.
Actually, there aren't any Shadow Knights in this line, just Rogue Knights. I guess Vladek decided to get with the times and get some sentient warriors...
8. The "Rogue Knights" use kite shields (tear drop shaped), the scorpion knights use tower shields (rectangular) and the knights use heater shields (triangular).
As I said before, there are only Rogue Knights this year. Actually, it's Sir Dracus who carries the tower shield, and Sir Karzon who has the kite shield. But you're right about the hero Knights' shields.
9. Set 8823 has a figure in the archway on the second level. Looks like there's no helmet. Any ideas on who this man of mystery is?
Looking very close at the catalog, he appears to have a grey beard and brown legs. He looks a bit like the Guardian from the Citadel of Orlan. He's carrying a triangular shield, but Sir Adric is partially standing in front of him, so I can't make out what the heraldry on the shield is. However,you can see that he's carrying some sort of mace or hammer. I don't know what to call it, but I think it's the same hammer that Rodurik in the CCRP has.
These aren't coming out until Summer 2006. After the past couple years, and with our KK2 and Viking experiences thus far, we, of all people, ought to be wary of prototype pictures.
This is a good point to raise. For example, in the first 2004 set scan, the horse helmets were the old Dragon Master ones, instead of the new Morcian style that they were when they were released. In the first 2005 set scans, the Morcian ballista that comes with the Dark Fortress wasn't pictured, even though the actual set later came with the ballista. So yes, don't take everything in these pictures as fact.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Sir Kohran,

Thanks for the scan. :) Would it be possible to get a high-res version of it to glean some more details?

m19
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'm pretty willing to accept this as very nearly completely accurate.

After all SK did get it out of a set he purchased, so its not like its leaked, a dealer catalog, or anything else we would expect to find prototypes. Lego wouldn't want to put prototype pictures out in a public marketing medium.

Steve, who wonders why the rogue knights would fight in their underpants...
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Thanks for the pic Matt, seeing next year's line is like an early Christmas present.
Steve, who wonders why the rogue knights would fight in their underpants...
Not really, if they were fleshies, then they'd have a problem, but since their aryan, those could pass off for pants.

The line is steadily improving, but I still think there are other things that could be done. Still I'm not complaining. 8)
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sigh, not much to look at. When I saw the big dudes, I imagined some kick-butt awesome little people. These guys, and sets, are a fair dissapointment. No new weapons unless you count the maces, which could have been made eons ago if you knew how. No sweet looking helments as far as I can tell. Just different coloured versions of old ones. Much as I hate to say it, I wish Lego would create a few new pieces.

The sets are boring. The ship, which is the most interesting looses something with those wings. The other sets look like Citadel of Orlan with a bit of other sets mixed in. Not much to make it worth buying.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

This line is defintley better than KK1. But it seems to be along the same lines as KK2 (I my opinion).

I like the metalic armour, there is plenty of it. But I do not like the sets designs much. And I do hope to see more sets from this line come out.

Overall, KK3 looks promising, and I can't wait to see some better pictures.

EDIT: Hey, there's no old school shadow knights in these pictures! Just the metalic ones. We'll have to see when the real pictures come out, if these aren't the real ones already.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Ok, some more indepth (and somewhat random) thoughts:

The maces are most certainly brick-built, as seen in this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7412

Most if not all of the helmets look speckled.

I can't make out any new helms, but as Mike pointed out, these still could be prototypes.

Could Vladek's sword be dark red, instead of brown? If is it brown, then sweet! A wooden sword for our squires to fight with!

Rogue Knights look interesting. And Athos, think about this: What if these Rogue Knights are based off ancient Romans (you know, the guys in the mini-skirts).

The return of the crossbow!

The return of the black wavy flag!

Speckled horse helm, speckled Viking dragon head (on big tower), and speckled Fenris head on smaller tower.

The lack of bright colors, even on the figs, is awesome!

Set design is still not sot great, but I'm not going to pass final judgement until I see better pics.

The large among of euro armor included is very cool. It looks like every fig is in it, in some color or another.

I don't mind the re-coloring of the other Jellybean helms. Isn't that what we've been wanting since we first saw KK2:1? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for new helm molds.

Is it just me, or does Vladek's shield look silver, like that Bull one?

I eagerly await better pics of the new sheild designs.

I welcome any set that includes the new crank piece and the hockey puck in redbrown.

I'm begining to think I'm gonna have to find a second job.... :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Rogue Knights look interesting. And Athos, think about this: What if these Rogue Knights are based off ancient Romans (you know, the guys in the mini-skirts).
That's a mighty short skirt he's got on... Or maybe they were just normal pants, at first until Vladek gave him a super-wedgie... We all know he's evil.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Most if not all of the helmets look speckled.
I'm not sure, but it looks like a few knights are wearing flat-grey armour. Look at the fellow falling out of the boat (if that's what that thing is). His armour looks quite dull when compared to the pantless boatmen. This would be consistent with the larger Maxifigs. The villians seem to have speckled armour, whereas our heroes are given the flat silver treatment. I'm really looking foraward to better picks of these little guys.

The sets are decidedly average, but the minifigs have me excited. If any year was a year in need of a minifig pack, its this year.

Later.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

The guys with underwear and bare arms are meant to be this guy; http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8705-1 but perhaps the image is wrong in colors making him yellow instead of orange? Else I think its good since I really needed speedos.

I wonder why Dracus is mass cloned...

Its quite obvious the unicorn knight is a good guy, and Ive heard rumors that the bull knight is good too, and since they did say "two knights fights for Jayko" then it may be so.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
sam89
Peasant

Post by sam89 »

The Hordesman wrote:The guys with underwear and bare arms are meant to be this guy; http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8705-1 but perhaps the image is wrong in colors making him yellow instead of orange? Else I think its good since I really needed speedos.

I wonder why Dracus is mass cloned...
I don't think it's supposed to be Dracus. There's too many of him like you said (two in one set), and he's definitely got yellow arms and legs. I'm pretty sure they're Rogue Knights.

EDIT: Looking at them again, they DO look very similar. They both have similar helmets, shields and swords, but that doesn't explain why there's more than one of him.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Why are you people saying these knights have bare arms and skirts? The color of their arms and legs look like tan to me. But I won't say anything more until better pictures of them come out.
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Robin Hood wrote:The ship, which is the most interesting looses something with those wings.
It's better than the WWII landing craft that the rainbow knights had last year. :roll: Actually, I think those wings/sails have some MOC potential.
Sir Kohran wrote:However, you can see that he's carrying some sort of mace or hammer.
I think it's just this piece:

Also, you can see a 2x2x2 quadruple convex slope in black on the wheels on that catapult thing. Yea! But why does it only have wheels on the front?

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432