The New Hogwarts Castle
47%
Neither, they both are pitiful
24%

Total votes: 70

lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Both arn't the best sets I've ever seen, but as far a pieces go, the hogwarts castle looks like a better value. Looking at the KK castle (especially the back!) It is more of a facade, looking good only on the front. While I wouldn't expect the Hogwarts set to be any better, you wold get some better pieces out of it. All in all though, you would be much better off getting a used *real* castle set off of ebay or even bricklink.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Hogwart's is better in virtually every way. It's main model is actually pretty good, it comes with tons of figs, 2 Dementors, and lots of good ordinary bricks and plates. It also has some nice parts like those brown doors, the iron gates, the clock tower, etc.

I also believe the HP figs will have much higher resale value than the colored knights.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I voted Hogwarts, but that's only assuming I was actually going to buy one or the other. If had $100 to spend on Lego, I wouldn't get either. But even though I despise HP, I must say the new Hogwarts castle isn't too bad. I think I could overall find the parts more useful(or at least, if they were in classic colours) than the ones from the KK castle, fig accessories excepted.

Cm2
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

I voted for the KK2 castle. I think the castle itself is well designed, it comes with new helmets, black Euro armor, new swords and other stuff.
I am getting the new Hogwarts, but i cant stand tan castles (except Dragon Fortress). I will probably rebuild Hogwarts with black or grey peices.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

If I had the money to spend, I would probably get Hogwarts, though it would be a close call because I don't think either one is very good.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I don't prefer either of them, but the Hogwarts castle looks like an unstable wreck on the inside and outside, and even though the KK2 castle looks deserted on the inside, at least it has a fairly good exterior.
I'll buy KK2 first, but only for the pieces and parts.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Daimyo wrote:I don't prefer either of them, but the Hogwarts castle looks like an unstable wreck on the inside and outside, and even though the KK2 castle looks deserted on the inside, at least it has a fairly good exterior.
I'll buy KK2 first, but only for the pieces and parts.
If i buy either it would bekk2 castle. Harry Potter is such a rip of LOTR. Harry Potter is the worst books ever,they are soooooo dumb. Okay back to the subject. I would maybe buy some smaller harry potter sets for th troll goblin and hagrid bead and cool pieces but not a $100 one. KK2 for parts
Space rocks.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

forester3291 wrote:
If i buy either it would bekk2 castle. Harry Potter is such a rip of LOTR. Harry Potter is the worst books ever,they are soooooo dumb. Okay back to the subject. I would maybe buy some smaller harry potter sets for th troll goblin and hagrid bead and cool pieces but not a $100 one. KK2 for parts
Terry Brooks' Sword of Sha-Na-Na is a rip off of Lord of the Rings (scene for scene, character for character, a singular disgrace to the writer and especially the publisher who should have known better). There have been a number of books clearly adhering as close to Tolkien in theme or style as much as possible (Guy G. Kay, Joy Chant come to mind) without resorting to plagiarism, but in Harry Potter is neither stylistically, content or by any measure beyond being fantasy much like Tolkien.

Sorry for the digression...
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

I voted for Hogwarts simply for the parts and the details in this one. I like the ghost looking minifigs along with the working gate at the front of the school. I haven't seen LEGO get this complicated in well....forever! KK castle is ok but when you break it down betwen the two of them the nod has to go to Hogwarts.
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

I would probably choose the KK castle because it brings new castle Minifigs/accessories and it is a castle theme no matter how horrible it is. But if I had $100 I would spend it on light gray and dark gray bricks for larger MOC castles. :D

Dan
JasonSpears
Laborer

Post by JasonSpears »

I voted for neither. I couldn't bring myself to buy either one. If someone was gonna give me one, with the proviso that I had to open it and keep the parts, I would probably pick the HP Castle. All the new HP sets look really good.

But I won't be buying either this year, not even on clearence. I wouldn't buy a pink castle and a blueish grey with reddish brown castle does me no good either. I'll continue to drop my $100+ a month in lego money on Pick-a-brick and Bricklink parts. (Well maybe an x-pod here or there.)
Jason Spears | [url=http://www.michlug.org]MichLUG[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

KK2, I like grey castles better, and It comes with grey. You get a nice horse barding, the figs can be repainted, and it comes with some shields which can be brassoed, (I hope) if not, custom stickers to the rescue!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
forester3291 wrote:
Terry Brooks' Sword of Sha-Na-Na is a rip off of Lord of the Rings (scene for scene, character for character, a singular disgrace to the writer and especially the publisher who should have known better). There have been a number of books clearly adhering as close to Tolkien in theme or style as much as possible (Guy G. Kay, Joy Chant come to mind) without resorting to plagiarism, but in Harry Potter is neither stylistically, content or by any measure beyond being fantasy much like Tolkien.

Sorry for the digression...
No. Harry Potter is such a copy off lotr . Even if it wasn't it is stupid.

My 100th post :D
Space rocks.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

forester3291 wrote: No. Harry Potter is such a copy off lotr. Even if it wasn't it is stupid.
There is no way HP is a rip off of LOTR. You obviously haven't read the books. HP may not be for everyone, but it has increased the amount of kids interested in books and that is a good thing. There are too many illiterate or poorly read kids in North America. Sorry to be rude, but grandiose comments about an author ripping off another really should have some basis in reality.

Back on topic, there are more usable castle parts on the Hogwarts set, so I voted for that. When I buy it, I will sell the minifigs on ebay and make back some of the money I spent on the set. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I voted for the KK2 Castle. I probably won't even buy it though. I'll just wait and get the good pieces when they hit eBay.