New KK images

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I think at least the blue and the purpul helmets would look nice...in other colors :wink:
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Taki
Villein

Post by Taki »

Shame on you Mr.Christiansen!
I'll not buy this stuff. Wrong color, wrong design and Powerrangers as knights.
Hope nobody will buy this, so LEGO realises its mistake.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Though it´s a shame for the Lego castle theme
Sadly, a lot of kids will!
Have you seen the little 'comic' that goes along with this new theme on TLC´s website?

How the brave knight stand on the castle wall and wath against the dark land of Moorland. The land with dark skies and thunder over it??

It´s a mix of Power rangers and the abosolute surface of The Lord of the rings!
TLC goes fantasy with the kids, sadly not in a very convincening way... :cry:

They could have done so much better than this...sigh...
I'm back, and so is Castle!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

FORTUNATELy MNENMETH will buy and part out enough sets that we will be able to pick and choose the good parts out. Some will have value to us AFOLs. But I'm afraid that the colors really appeal to kids. Mine are 8 and 6, and both look forward to Daddy getting these knights (both children are on their way to "re-education camps" as I type).
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Hmm...

Red and Green look fine, and I suppose the black helmet is kind of cool...

But I think you guys are being a little over-critical on the shields! With a stickers, they could end up looking pretty cool! (Hint hint Anthony).

A while back someone posted a link to fbtb, where they linked to some other website that had pics of all 04 new Lego sets. Unfortunately, fbtb's archive no longer has the link! Did anyone bookmark it? I'd really like to find that site again.

--Caleb
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Sir Smittens wrote:But I think you guys are being a little over-critical on the shields! With a stickers, they could end up looking pretty cool! (Hint hint Anthony).
Ahh, but the shields are made of some kind of weird bendable plastic, not the nice solid feel of the older ones.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Whoops. Guess I missed that. Thanks.

Down with the shields! (Will stickers even stick)

--Caleb
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Not much to add beyond what has already been said.

Swords are awful, maybe even worse than awful.

Shields, pretty bad, but maybe redeemable. Will withhold judgment on those.

Black Knight looks good. Nice helmet, good head, decent armor.

Don't know about the design of the rainbow helmets. Not sure I like them very well. Particularly green's.

I'd also like to see the old man figure. He has potential, but maybe that is because he hasn't been see up close yet.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I'll make use of the colored armor... after all, it was possible to paint armor or alter it in some way to achieve different hues. I think the large knight figures might be good for giants, and their shields, if given a sticker, could be use as a decorative coat of arms in your castles. I'll pick some of these up.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Hmm...the armor will be better than nothing for castle. The helmets(excepting the black one) will probably go to space, where alot of the armor probably will end up as well. The swords aren't THAT bad, IMO, even if they are less than accurate. I don't find them any more offensive than the GIANT scimitars from the Orient line. Except the yellow, I can find a place in(non-accurate) castle MOCs for most of the sword colours. The steel blue isn't actually all that bad, nor the bronze. Granted, that is not to say that I like these sets. Far from it. But since we are stuck with them, for the time being, I figure I at least shall make the most of them... :?

Cm2
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

I like the new series, but it could be better. The black/red knight set (with catapult) im gonna buy a lot of (need black armor) I really like that new helmet on the bridge set, so those are worth buying. The shields are cool, and with stickers even better. I like the big castle,and that citadel. And the swords are ok.
The light blue and purple knights suck. Way to childish looking (yet i like the green and red) And the "jousting" set is horrible.

Well, theres my two cents.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Does anyone know exactly when KK2 will be released, or have we only been given a general timeframe of sometime in 2004?