Weekly Set Review: 851542 Knight's Kingdom Magnet Pack

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Damien wrote:Now see.. why would you ruin a perfectly good (suffice to say) minifig pack by gluing magnets to them? C'mon TLG, you have to be smarter than that.

For less money to the company, they could have left the magnets and glue out of it and just sold this as a minifig pack.
If my Darth vader magnet is any indication, the magnet is inside the figure. It's still fully playable.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I never knew this set existed.But I dont like magnets anyway,I think TLC should just make them plain
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
fuzzy
Laborer

Post by fuzzy »

not my favorite set.
3/10
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
little darling, it seems like years since its been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and i say its all right
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

How can I not comment on the set that caused me to accuse my co-workers of being thieves when it turned out to be only office shenanigans? :)

It's not a set I would have bought for myself since they're jellybean knights. As a gift from a friend, I think they are actually quite cool. And the magnets are surprisingly powerful. I like playing with them in my cubicle. 8)

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

I think this set would present some interesting variables for scenes with Lego figs stuck to a wall or for moving around a field like I have seen done with Lego cars and magnets - do the magnets work well enough to move them around from below?
I think the access to figs would be great, especially if they are still playable - even thought glued - anyone who wants to throw away the torsos, let me know .... :wink:
My son & I have been playing with the "Jellybeans" quite a lot lately, and they do grow on you. :shock:
So my view 7/10.
Bert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

Hehe... I remember your post ericksen :D

Cool set, and as bannear mentioned, it can create some variables for certain scenes. I'd like to see the army builders try making a moc out of these! :twisted: Am I right in saying that this cannot be purchased at LEGO Shop@Home? Is it only at TLC stores and LEGOland?

As to the set, I like it, but I wish this had been thought of when Classic-Castle was around, for KK2 isn't the nicest decoration, regardless of the color. Does anyone have close pictures of the figs? I'm wondering how they're magnitized :roll:
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

Shadow wrote:I'm wondering how they're magnitized
There are little magnets inside each leg. If I recall, they will only hold on when the are on their back (i.e., you can't have them "walking" down your refrigerator). I'll double check when I'm in the office on Thursday just to be sure, though.

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

It sucks that the magnets are glued and all, but at least the helmets, swords, shields, and heads are usable. And as far as KK2 guys go, thats all I would use from then anyway. An interesting, possibly useful set, but I must wonder why it was made. Some how I have a hard time imagining all that many kids wanting a set of fridge magnets.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

mmmmmmmm......customization. :twisted:
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!