Weekly Set Review: King's Siege Tower

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

My opinion of this set is mixed.

The Pros: It comes with two shadow knights, a rainbow knight and the King Mathias minifig(awsome) That's a great selection of minifigs.

The Cons: When I look back, I would never spend thirty dollars on a set with so few bricks. The design was too juniorized compared to the Shadow Knight siege tower. The colour scheme is questionable, the mega fig shields are stupid and corners are cut everywhere. For only a few dollars worth of bricks, the set would have been much better.

Playbility: 8/10
minifigs: 9/10
design: 3/10
Overall: 6ish/10

:wink:
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

Troy T. Moore wrote:The MSRP for this set was ridiculous ($30 CDN)
There you go, the biggest drawback of this set... :cry:
Troy T. Moore wrote:I picked up 2 for $7 each for the figs.
With this price i will pick up 4 for the parts and figs :twisted:
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Fryslayer]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://brickgamers.blogspot.com/]BrickGamers[/url]
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

I actually don't mind this set. Two shadow knights, cool ram mechanism and even though those sheilds are useless in MOCs they work quite well with this set (better than cardboard anyway) 6.5/10
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

Original price was way tooo high for 4 figs and some pieces for me to buy it. I use both bley and grey, so don't mind the pieces. The set doesn't do much for me together, but the pieces would be OK at a reasonable sale price.
The shield can make an excellent accent for a massive castle entrance .... :wink:
Bert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
fuzzy
Laborer

Post by fuzzy »

pretty good, only got it for the figs. 7/10
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
little darling, it seems like years since its been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and i say its all right
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

For $30, I'd rather get the new Batmoblie set. :P
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:For $30, I'd rather get the new Batmoblie set. :P
He said $30 Canadian. It is only $20 USD which is a decent price. I agree with most posters that the structure should be brown or black to indicate wood. The ram feature is very nice but would have been a better set on its own.

Ben
Cat
Villein

Post by Cat »

For the pieces, the set is okay. However, the seige engine itself is clumsy at best. The colors are reminiscent of aged teak (every seige engine should be built from teak).
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sorry about posting late on this thread, but I haven't had a chance to post on this till now.

Siege Tower is not what I would call this set. Batteringramwithgiantshieldsonit is a more accurate description. The designers must have missed a crucial point when designing this set, mainly that siege towers don't have battering rams on their bottom. If that were removed, it would be sorta ok, cept that the boarding ramp is halfway down the side of the tower. Crappy design, and not a lot of usable pieces.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

This does not look like a bad set at all. If you get rid of the bright blue colours, and give the minifigs some decent looking armour, then this set would be very cool indeed.

I don’t actually own this set, and I probably will not buy it, but from the picture it looks great. I am not sure why the king would want his own siege tower. I like the wheel designs, I might incorporate them into my war-machine designs.

------------------
George Georgiou
------------------