Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

The official "I'm jealous of Jojo" thread

Post by Bruce N H »

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I've turned so green with envy I can't remember what it was like to be happy with my collection :D

Wow Jojo,

That is probably the most impressive fig collection I have ever seen. Sure some are bigger, but those are the classics. Its like a dream I had one time... Hate to go on and on, but that is darn sweet!!!

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

<swings pocket watch in front of Jojo's eyes>

you will send one of these to lenny...

when you wake up you will send of these to lenny...
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Mani
Villein

Post by Mani »

I'm trying to work out a reason for why it's unfair and all that 375s should be in my pocket, but I can't come up with something. {expletive deleted by admin}
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: The official "I'm jealous of Jojo" thread

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Bruce N H wrote:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71952
-sticks tounge out at Jojo-

Bruce
That's it. I'm through with Castle. There's no point living anymore. It's clear Jojo has all the remaining Yellow Castles.

:wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

I shouldn't have started with show off in front of Jojo at the 1000steine.de-chat( http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/coyot ... s/i-1r.jpg; 12 Euro at ebay).

He came, he saw, he took pictures ...

At last I hope he's satisfied with 375 by now and I don't have to compete at ebay with him. 8)
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

When I saw this image from the 1980 Idea Book I almost wept.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=490085

I wanted to build a castle with a house inside so bad when I was 10 years old that it still hurts! Oh man the hours I poured over that book! :shock:
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Are there any 375s left??????? Three MISB plus how many out of the box? Oh brother!! Please tell us you aren't buying any more anytime soon?

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Forget the yellow castles. I just wish my name was JoJo.

:P

(Ich wunche auch das Ich in Deutschland wohnt).
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

OK....
Jealousy leads to the Dark Side :-) It's a Deadly Sin.

It's not three MISB Yellow Castles. It's one MISB and two empty boxes. If anybody has a spare original 6075 box (Yellow Castle) I'd very much like to trade.

And I'm satisfied with 375s now. So unless a cheap one crosses my way I won't buy any more of them. But I was forced to get three Yellow Castles because there are three different versions, regarding the colour of the stickers, the instructions and the material of the shields. Since I am a collector I had to get them all.

BTW I am not the guy with the biggest amount of Yellow Castles. About two years ago I checked by chance the eBay feedback profile of mschniepp and detected he had purchased 12 of them only within the timeframe you are able to keep track of...

As for the most impressive fig collection please take a look at Jürgen Bramigk's gallery. It's a great castle as well:
http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwett ... 29/029.htm

Bye
Jojo

Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Oh, man; what a fig collection! I actually prefer the figs from a little bit later (such as Black Falcons, Black knights, Royal Knights, and King's Men), but if I see any of these at a reasonable price, I'll buy them so I can wow you guys. Could anyone provide pics or links to pictures of the three different versions of the Yellow Castle? And what is considered a "reasonable" price?

Mr. D

P.S. Jojo, please change you fig back to a Black Falcon; your unrecognizable without him! You BF has come to be a part of you in my eyes.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Mr. D wrote:Could anyone provide pics or links to pictures of the three different versions of the Yellow Castle?
Sure I can:

The colour of the flag changed from dark violet over pink to light pink with a dark grey shadow below the crown. Also in the first (dark) version the material of the shields is not ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) like every LEGO brick today is but something like PP (polypropylene), the same material the soft visors of the 375 knights are made of. For this reason the very old shields are soft and slightly bent.

Image Image Image
(Pics are from times when I was missing some special pieces)

There are also two different versions of "375"-instructions plus a "375/6075" version. I don't know if there also exist different "/" versions.

P.S. Jojo, please change you fig back to a Black Falcon; your unrecognizable without him! You BF has come to be a part of you in my eyes.
Hehe! I only change the fig occasionally :-)

Bye
Jojo

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Jojo -

:shock:

I would moon you but I don't want to get banned...

(totally officially jealous of Jojo)

You rock and roll...

LF
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Hey Jojo, question for you if I could. How long have you been "collecting" rather then "playing"? and what do you do career wise?

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Jedipawn wrote:How long have you been "collecting" rather then "playing"?
I've been seriously collecting for about three years now.
and what do you do career wise?
I'm not rich, if this is what your question implies. I'm a student with a relatively small income and without rich parents. But I don't have neither a family that I'd have to take care of nor any other expensive hobbies. So I'm able to spend all my spare money on LEGO. And that's what I'm doing :-)

And sometimes I'm just lucky and find rare pieces or otherwise pricey sets at a very good bargain price. I wouldn't have the slightest chance against all the power-buyers and high-price-bidders if eBay was my only source for LEGO.

Bye
Jojo