Which LEGO Legend should be next?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Which set should become the next LEGO Legend?

375-Yellow Castle
18%
1584-Knight's Challenge
7%
6066-Camouflaged Outpost
9%
6080-King's Castle
24%
6086-Black Knight's Castle
42%

Total votes: 45

Sir Terrance
Councilor

Which LEGO Legend should be next?

Post by Sir Terrance »

This just a question to see who likes what LEGO castle the most and which should become the next LEGO Legend.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

The 375 Yellow Castle!

For some reason I have just always wanted this set, its just so cool! :)
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Im quite loyal to the Black Knights, so the next legend SHOULD BE 6086! 8)
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

I voted 6086,

I think one of the main reason the Yellow Castle is so special is because of how rare it is, if one was re-released it wouldn't be all that special anymore. Also, I bet there would be problems with people trying to pass off the re-released sets as origional. I'm sure people have done this with other Legends such as the BFF, but since the Yellow Castle is such a rare item people could get ripped off of quite a bit of money.

Also, I don't really see the allure of the Yellow Castle, other than the rarity that I already mentioned. The knights are cool, it offers a nice selection of parts, but the brick horses, and other things just don't appeal to me. Also the fact that it's yellow really turns me off to it, other than a stand alone set I really wouldn't have much use for it. Also since lego probably doesn't want to produce all the rare figs and parts again I could see them doing something strange, like putting those new ranbow knights in it ;)

The other sets are very cool in my opinion, but I think to be a Legend it should be a fairly large set.

I've always loved 6086, but for whatever reason never bought one. There is just something really appealing about it to me.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

6086 definitly. I love that one!

Mr. D
shaggie
Serf

re:

Post by shaggie »

6080 - the most realistic castle. But in old gray!
shgg.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

6086 of course, I have to own that one...some day... some day... :)
I'm back, and so is Castle!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

It should be 6080. King's Castle attaches to both of the previous castle legend sets. This would allow kids to make an even larger castle. It is realistic but also has a great selection of figures and bricks. 6086 would be a nice choice also but personally I do not think that it is old enough to be a legend right away (when compared to the age of the castle theme itself). Even though I would personally like 6080, I think that 375 will be the next legend.

Ben
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

I voted for the 6086. :)

I feel it a cool castle with lots of playability. The 6086 has more knights, euro armors, horse bardings, etc. :o

I dont have this set but I plan to buy at least two or three sets if TLC really do realease it as a LEGEND. :D

Thanks,
Erwin

Memo from HR:

PERSONAL DAYS:
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturday & Sunday.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I'm really surprised by these results so far. I thought that 6080 or 575 would win hands down.

I voted for 1584 myself. Why? I want more horse barding for my Lion and Dragon Knights! What better way? Plus, red corner wall pieces, yellow arches, an 8x24 green baseplate, the red maiden's hat, and great minifigs!

Of course with this selection of great rare pieces, this set will never be made into a Legend.
ThomasBrickheim
Serf

Post by ThomasBrickheim »

Well, it's hard to pick just one, because all of those sets are great.
But let's look at this from the point of view of TLC. The Guarded Inn will probably disapair, so the next legend will be about the same size. Above that it should fit in the current assortment of castle-sets. Then you can skip the 375 and the 6080. The 6086 is big, and there already are a few big sets.
So it will be the 1584 or the 6066. Then i choose for the 1584. So many great minifigs in one set! and those bardings! And the tent! It's all great.

I vote 1584.
"And He said:"Let there be bricks!" And there were bricks."
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

375 - TLC doesn't care about collectors (e.g. 10000) and we have to talk about "real legends" (although the pizza house ... ok, forget the pizza house).

Like the USS Constellation they will do some changes (hopefully not the helmets).

I have to admit, 1574 would be nice, too. An US-only set and therefore I don't own it.

Just one thought: Sooner or later there will be more and more legends. As a matter of time, everybody will have his/her personal "legend". Too sad they don't design new (AND beautiful) sets :-(
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I voted for 6086 because I think it is such a good set, though I already have one. 6080 is great, but at the same time it is just a larger, plainer 6074. 6066 might be an attractive choice to Lego because it doesn't compete with any of the new sets and has been shown in numerous polls, Forestmen are very popular. 1584 has a number of attractions as a complementary set.

375 has a tremendous nostalgia pull, but it also has some downsides that consistently pull it down in polls like this. Bright yellow? I think it would be more popular if it were tan or sand red. But then, would it be the same at that point? But would it be the same even if yellow - one of the attractions is the classic figs, and Lego has already made noises about not producing those (the visors would be more modern ones). So it is already compromised - would they compromise it further?

But then again, maybe the next Legend will be Space. :shock:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

In old colors, 6080. In new colors, 1584. That's my opinion, atleast. Very least, one line.
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

I voted for 6086 because not only is it a great castle set, but there are many people out there (including me) who want this set, yet relatively few to go around. I think this set is not only a great castle to become a legend, but it would sell well paving the way for even more legends.

6080 would be a good choice too, however I don't find it quite as interesting. It has a nice looking front gate, but besides that it looks fairly plain. I would rather have the Black Monarch's Castle released than 6080 if it came down to either of those two.
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-