New Castle 10176 Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
teraflop122
Peasant

Post by teraflop122 »

EDIT: Megablocks, I failed to make note of the last post date. My apologies for digging up the grave, everyone.

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I know its a bad foot to start on, but I rather like raised baseplates. Raised baseplates make a castle larger, more ominous, more powerful if you will. After all, a castle on a hill is all the more defendable.

I'm not a fan of this particular baseplate design, and I enjoyed Vladek's Dark Fortress, but I have to come to the defense of the raised baseplate.

Just food for thought I guess.

PS I received this set recently, but I have yet to open and build it.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Now that's gutsy first post, I like you already. :) I have to say that I have always had a secret liking for raised baseplates myself. However, they really hard to use well. That is why I have a "Raised baseplate challenge" section on my MOCpage.

Welcome to CC!

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

i dunno yet.... it looks like they put that dacta set and some crappy stuff together of the castle things of the last few years.... strangly it look good.... :shock: not sure about it (though).

Itzik: they had stickers with the old school lego's, specially the yellow castle had it. So i aint surprised that they went back to that.
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

well i must admit the castle looks good, but i think its way overpriced (especially in the UK) and I can get 6090 off ebay for a third of that price!
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
teraflop122
Peasant

Post by teraflop122 »

After a quick search through peeron and lugnet I have come to a startling conclusion...well, not so much a conclusion as merely a tidbit of information: this castle has more peices than any previous castle set, including 6090 Royal Knight's Castle. In fact, 10176 appears to beat out 6090 by 100+ peices strong (871 > 743) even when you subtract 10176's juniorized gate and 4x3 tower pieces! The MSRP of 6090 was 95 dollars, but I doubt it went on shelves for less than 99 bucks.

So...despite the raised baseplate, and despite the juniorization, the part count has risen yet the price has remained the same.

I finished building 10176 (the name is too generic to remember) a few hours ago. It isn't perfect, but such is a good thing: you look at it and it just begs for you to hunker down and make improvements. A few changes to its configuration- move the central tower forwards, displace the central tower's side walls to the rear of the castle- and you have a fully enclosed fortress.