Weekly Set Review: Battering Ram

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

So the point stands; Indeed, the KK2 set mentioned is clearly "stuff like this." And the only complaint people seem to be capable of making against it is that they don't like the new colours, or the figures - which are not only subjective and irrelevant (in this regard), but superficial in their difference.
I agree that the concepts are identical. 6062 is far superior because it has better bricks (1x1's, 1x2's, etc) and plates (1x1, 1x1 clips, etc) The newer KK2 wall is more bulky and less refined.

I do agree with a previous poster that the 6062 siege tower/ram broke easily and was not the best design.

Ben
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
aaronsneary
Peasant

Post by aaronsneary »

An excellent example of the Golden Age of Castle LEGO. Lots of figs and weapons. Distinct, but believable color schemes on elements. Based on historical items with only minor creative license taken.

God, I miss those days. Wish I'd had my current income then, or the set availability now.
Aaron
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Unfortunately, this set was before my time, so I have never actually played with it. But, from the pictures, it seems to be a great set. The figs are extremely nice, and the wall seems believable.
Damien wrote:I agree that the concepts are identical. 6062 is far superior because it has better bricks (1x1's, 1x2's, etc) and plates (1x1, 1x1 clips, etc) The newer KK2 wall is more bulky and less refined.
I agree that overall 6062 is superior, but if you look at just the siege machines themselves, I would have to say that the KKII one is better. It is bigger, and looks more realistic.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

This is an ultimate set. You get some building pieces along with 6 great minifigs!
-May your winds be fair !
domboy
Freeman

Re: Weekly Set Review: Battering Ram

Post by domboy »

I recently got a copy of this set off Ebay to go with the 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress I had when I was a kid. I had 6061 Siege Tower, but never got this set. I always liked how the little wall sets could be used to expand the big castles. I REALLY like the castle wall in this set. I like that it has hinges in two places instead of just one like the 6061 wall. I also think it's cool that it has a tower (even though it looks a little incomplete from the back or sides). I don't like the siege engine. It's a fairly flimsy design as others have pointed out, and especially so when the bricks are older and don't hold together as well as when new. But it doesn't matter to me as I bought the set for the wall not the siege engine. :mrgreen: