LCC - Garheim "Our Brothers in Hallfrost"

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

LCC - Garheim "Our Brothers in Hallfrost"

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

A little free-build (not for points).

Deep in the southern mountains of Garheim...

A snowy owl silently watched the mountain pass, her eyes attuned to her surroundings, keen on finding some prey; a mouse, vole, or rat. The old road was seldom traveled by larger animals and almost never by the two-legged ones, so the owl hunted here often. Suddenly, a sound came up on the wind as of many of the two-legged ones on the move. She almost left her perch when she though better of her fear. They're not like to see me here. And so she waited...

Soon, the old road was full of the footsteps of men - both heavily armored and lightly outfitted - the creaking of wagons, the whickering of horses and the lowing of oxen, and many voices. The twin cities of Orevale - Rustborough and Krakehollow - had mustered all able-bodied men and women and set out for the nearby realm of Hallfrost. With war looming on the horizon, Captains Cedric Archer and Cinder Bonebreaker had set out for the neighboring city to seek a treaty with High Lord Layfas II so as to establish a deeper pact between the two realms than the loyalty to Garheim they both held sacred.

Cedric Archer - Captain of the Rangers of Rustborough - held the torch closer to the map but made certain not to singe or burn it - they were like to become lost in the passes at night without its guidance, even following the old road.

As always, Sir Layton Connors - former Captain of the Pikemen of Moore and shieldman to Captain Archer - followed his liege-lord diligently, always aware of his surroundings, eyes out for any threat to his liege; especially after the assassination of the King, though Areani weren't likely to venture this far north and many Garhims thought that no more than an excuse concocted by the Loreesi Prince to attempt seizing the throne for himself and most thought the Areani to be nothing more than myth and legend.

"If Prince Jarius isn't to blame, I'm a yak!" jested Cinder Bonebreaker - Captian of the Kraken's Whip, the well-established warrior class of Krakehollow and Castle Black Loch. "You look a bit like one, Cinder," laughed his shieldman, Sir Gregory Kale, "though gone all grey!" "You wait, Greg; you'll be grey, too, soon enough." "Oh, the bards would love to sing of that! 'Sir Greg the Grey' I can hear it now."

And then as soon as they had come, they were gone - disappeared into the night - and the road was silent once more.

My new custom-caped crusaders, the Kraken's Whip!
From left : Sir Darren the Daring, Captain Cinder Bonebreaker, Sir Gregory Kale, Sir Rauld of Blach Loch

Keep it cool
Ronin D
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Re: LCC - Garheim "Our Brothers in Hallfrost"

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

This looks great man :D I should have my part up, by the end of the week :)

Loyalty, Brotherhood, Honor, and for Great Garheim!
CCG
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Re: LCC - Garheim "Our Brothers in Hallfrost"

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

Thanks a lot! :wave: I had pictured in my head this abandoned traderoute between Hallfrost and Orevale that had become neglected and weathered and I wanted to match it brick-for-brick. Glad you liked it! Loreos? :roll: Those Silk Princes don't know what they've started :lol:

Can't wait to see your build!

Ronin