WIP castle update

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Za!s
Gong Farmer

WIP castle update

Post by Za!s »

My newer version of the keep I'm working on. It may seem like the one I showed a few months ago, but I completely ripped it apart and started from scratch. I decided to use an arabesque style inside, while keeping the outside as clean as possible. My goal is to have every element of the castle be worthy of a vig. If you spot any that aren't up to par, leave some constructive criticism.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=250239

the folder isn't deeplinked, i don't know when it will be made public

[/url]
Run Cross Country!

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]my MOCpages[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

It's looking good. As per your instructions, things that could use some work are: 1. The tied floor in the middle. The combination of tiles and then nothing sorrounding them doesn't look that great. 2. The slopes at the bottom level on the outside look rather strange. Lastly, the hinge you have sitting outside the castle looks bad. Try and find some way to move it in the castle, or build something around it, so it looks like it is suppose to be there, instead of just some random brick. The columns looks very nice, as does the fireplace, although I am not sure what the red plate is there for. The stacked barrels is a very nice touch, and looks great. Also, I like the design of the front gate. I can't wait to see the finished project.
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I like the big door,but somehow it felt kind of different then what I'm used to.and I can see the change in color pieces,but theres only one way to change that.Looks good,cant wait to see the finishing piece.
I am.......a....Future Legend
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

That's an intrekit castle design. Reminds me of Osgiliath. YOu are doing very well with the vines crowning up along the side wall. What I may suggest, is a little more outside landscaping. I know you are in a very early stage of your project, but make sure to keep that in mind.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn