Contest Entries - The Skeleton Army

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Contest Entries - The Skeleton Army

Post by Sir Nelson »

Hi, All.

Here are my Castle Contest entries. I wasn't going to enter, but decided to do so about two weeks ago. In keeping with the 'Skeleton' Army theme of the upcoming sets, I decided to go with MOCs based on that faction, battling other 'classic' factions. 8)

And so, without further ado, here they are:

Bone-Bridge Joust:

The Skullroller:

Wolfpack Prisoner Transport:

The Tower of Mount Doom

Castle Siege entry... coming very soon! :D
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
engineerio
Peasant

Post by engineerio »

Great ideas, I really like the joust, very original. Crisp and clean - nice work on the jousting skeleton chicken! :lol:

Paul
Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God..."
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

Woah, awesome! Your bone creations are awesome, especially the chicken(?)
and ox.
Fantastic job on all of these.... I'm not sure which I like the most, but why choose? They're *all* awesome! The "Dungeon Hunters" "Wolfpack Renegades" hybrid is especially nice, though. Awesome job!
The Skullroller's construction is fantastic, its great!
*Fantastic* MOC!
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Count
Freeman

Post by Count »

Wow just wow... All of these are great. But the skullthrower stands out the most to me.

-Count
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Bone Brigde Joust: Great job! The chicken is a nice touch to it, very unique.
The Skullroller: Excellent, the idea of it is great. Very nice details.
Wolfpack Prisoner Transport: Great! The ox is very nice, Very good!
The Tower of Mount Doom: Excellent! The details are wondefull, I love it.

I'm looking foward to your King's Castle Siege catagory.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Jeepers Nelson! These are incredible!!!

I love the WP wagon, very reminiscant of the renegades, and that's a nice brick-built creature.

The joust over lava is a very unique idea and the rockscaping is superb! Not to mention the bride itself, the posing and, of course, the brickbuilt creature!

The catapult sure stands out amungst others as super creative and quite imposing to the enemy I would gather. The destroyed keep is a great MOC even as a stand-alone!

Hmm, and that tower, whew! Well, first of all that princess is HOT!!! (get it, over lava...mmph, never mind...). The whole thing flows very well (not talking of the lava this time.) The red roof blends nicely and the lava coming from the skull rock is a nice touch, and perhaps the best use of a skull like that I've ever seen!!!

So, overall superb job, I was going to enter, but I might have rethink that now...:oops:
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Now, I normally review things (when I do review them) in depth, but here I'm just going to say: They're AWESOME!

I was going to build a similar mount for my skellie jouster, but as I couldn't really design anything (I only own one skeleton after all), and my black visor is still missing, I'm not entering. Yours is awesome though. There are a few other jousts that are really well done, but I think this one best fits the spirit of the contest... it's definitely good versus evil.

The Skullroller. Wow. The design is insane (in a good way), and looks amazing. The mechanism and look of it are great; and I love the idea of a half-melted rock as ammunition. Really, the only thing I can think of that would stop this from winning is its size... although with the recent Viking catapults, that might not be a problem.

The Wolfpack Prisoner Transport seems a bit 'happier' than the others, but it's no less wonderful. I particularly like the classic feel of this one, it's just so WP; especially the color and the large amount of excess weaponry.

The Tower of Mount Doom, despite the rather unoriginal name (Image), is absolutely fantastic. The upside-down skeleton hanging from the tree, the wonderful bony drawbridge, and the awesome boom holding the cage, are all, well, really cool. The cage itself is very well done. I love the simple, classic DM-esque (to me at least) tower, and the grey skull works very well. The wizard is a great fig, too bad I can't see his face better; and it's nice to see someone besides me use Bulls as the good guys.

Ok, so maybe I reviewed them a bit more in-depth than I said I would ;). But that shows you how cool they are.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

My god, the judges can stop the contest now 'cause that catapault and and tower are taking home first prize in their respective catagories. The WP dungeon hunters is pretty and classicesque but I just don't see it winning. The others are brilliant. Even their piece counts, size and layouts just scream hayday of classic castle, they seem like something TLG would/should have done to follow up KKCRAP. Though it is a little early, congratulations, as I REALLY wanna see the entries that could beat these. And as others have said, great skelly animals, and bone built bridge.
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I don't usually reply to many MOCs, as everything I would say has already been said. It has still happened here, but I felt like saying something anyways.

Bone Bridge Joust
This just happens to be my favorite of yours so far. (Waiting for the Siege) The bone-built bird/creature is amazing, and I like the fact that you used a black skeleton rather than a white. I always thought of black skeletons as better, and I think that fits perfectly here. The actual bridge is awesome also. Everything being made of bones just adds an extra bit. My only problem is that I don't think a Crusader Knight really fits there. (Just an itch)

Skullroller
I love how unique it is! The Skull fron the Graveyard Duel works really well. The bone-built stuff is just as amazing here. I find that is seems a little to big for the troops.

Prisoner Transport
My least favorite. The bone-built animal is the best part of this. I think I might have preferred it if the Skeletons had some Wolfpack prisoners, or a least have some of them jumping on top of the Wagon. :wink:

Tower on Mount Doom
Landscaping=excellent. Spikey roof=awesome. Bone built cage and bridge=amazing. Lava pouring skull= superb. Nuff said...

There isn't much there (If any) that hasn't been said already, but I hope you'll read it anyways.

-Zach
My life is based on a true story.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

Wow,I like all these,I got some great ideas.My favorite is the bridge but I like all the others.I like how you used some white pieces,( unlike me mine are just sitting around)Great job.
I am.......a....Future Legend
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Great array of creations there. I love your bone bridge joust, but I think that all of these have a shot at winning something.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

If you don't win something I will be shocked. If you win in every catagory you enter in I will not be suprised :D. The brick built cockatrice thing in the jousat is extremely realistic, even better than the ox shich is by no means bad. All of your MOCs are amazing. Very few things I have seen so far are as good.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

They're all really good, but I especially like the Prisoner Transport - It's a great combination of 6038 and 6042. Good job. :D
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I love the fence diving the coart, made with skeletons. The lava was done well as well.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
DNorton
Villein

Post by DNorton »

THat is the best joust ever
Dan

Manipulators Keep (click on up to veiw other sets.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Pyromanic