The Bone Carriage - My Contest Entry

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
imhotepidus
Gong Farmer

Post by imhotepidus »

Emp.Justinian wrote:I think that this creation has a very good chance of winning the catagory. Rather than build a huge carrage and give it a buch of horses you have cleverly designed a much better means of locomotion, namely the oliphant/elephant. The carrage looks very evil. :twisted:

God speed

Emp.Justinian
To be honest, the use of the elephant was originally just a practicality issue - I only own one LEGO horse, and, as I began to get the carriage into shape, I realized it would certainly be too large for a single horse to pull (also, my attacking 'Spartan-ish' soldiers need at least one horse between them!). So I used the oliphant/elephant idea. But I think it is definitely a case where a necessity led to a better final build - if I had 4 or 6 horses, I probably would have just used those without thinking, and it would have been inferior to what I ended up with, I think.

Roy
Truth is the cry of all but the game of a few.

Bishop George Berkeley
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

This is an excellent MoC. I like the bone armor you used on the elephant and your large skull you placed up front. Your take on the wheels is also a very nice one, it adds a lot of flavor to the MoC. Again it looks very evil. Excellent creation!
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I like this piece,the good use of bones and all the white.and I like the elephant.Great job.
I am.......a....Future Legend