Stuifzand's Castle Gate

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Well, if i spoke Spanish, I would call this el perfecto. However, I don;t, so I will just say, it's perfect. I really love how the towers come out from the roof over the gate, and the arches over the windows loover great.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Love the tree, the whole time it took to make it level by level. That would be in addition to the whole feel and setting which is well captured. Although... erm, Gandalf (as much as I love Tolkein) seems out of place.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Blue Monarch wrote:Although... erm, Gandalf (as much as I love Tolkein) seems out of place.
What makes you think it's Gandalf?
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
brody
Laborer

Post by brody »

Hi,

This is a very impressive MOC. I think you have done a brilliant job in capturing a specific sense of place and environment–everything feels consistent on a thematic level. The amount of detailing, and scale of the overall composition is just right, I think that LEGO as a medium performs best when a certain amount of restraint is applied. The window design on the middle story of the main structure is absolutely fantastic.

I'm not really feeling these pieces in the courtyard though:
ImageImage
They might be placed too deliberately to sucessfully create the impression of naturally occurring variations in the ground material.

Will we get to see some pics of the reverse side? It also appears as though the main structure has a removable roof. Does this mean that an interior is in the works?

Great job!
Brody
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

the pieces, err, well, I placed them to get some variety in the ground. I think it works well :)

The rear has the same windows as the front, but I can't take any pictures because I already took it apart :wink:
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!