Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Blacksmith's Shop (The Forgotten Hero)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Blacksmith's Shop (The Forgotten Hero)

Postby reepblue » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 pm

Base on my Story "The Forgotten Hero"

BrickShelf

Finally, I'm Done!

This is an addition to my last MOC "The Forgotten Hero" I worked really hard on this. The building was my mountain to climb as I had no slopes in my containers. So please leave some C&C as I lay down because I took the last of my finals, cleaning, and building. I'm seeing double and my head is hurting.

Enjoy!
reepblue
Villein

Postby Remyth » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:53 am

This is a really cool MOC, from the first pictures, but the pictures are so large is takes forever to load them. Could you plase size them down a bit?

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

Flickr
Remyth
Trade King

Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Postby reepblue » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 am

On the BS gallery, It resizes them automatically. And I was to tired. (Finals, Cleaning, etc)
reepblue
Villein

Postby Spongey » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:39 pm

This is a very well done MOC. The landscaping and house are simple but very well executed. Keep up the good work!
Spongey
Merchant

Postby Hob Took » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 pm

I really like the different colors you used for the landscape. The green, tan, and grey make a great combination. I didn't even notice that there were no slopes on the roof, but I do see that you were either tired or out of bricks :shock: because the bottom has different colors and isn't filled in all the way. Putting the ducks and trees around make your creation come to life (not literally, although that would be cool if it did).

Hob Took
Hob Took
Reeve

Postby Gumby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 pm

Nice use of color, and interesting scenery! Does the house have an interior?

reepblue wrote:On the BS gallery, It resizes them automatically. And I was to tired. (Finals, Cleaning, etc)

I'm sorry, but Brickshelf doesn't resize... if it did, then I wouldn't be getting your 2592x1944 pixel, 2+ MB file. BS may generate thumbnails, but clicking on the thumbnail brings us to your raw files.
-Bryan
Gumby
Steward

Postby smcginnis » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:43 am

This is a pretty nice little scene. I like the waterfall, and the ducks (geese? swans?) are great looking. The guy camping is cool, and the house is nicely built; though it would look better with slopes on the roof.

Gumby wrote:I'm sorry, but Brickshelf doesn't resize... if it did, then I wouldn't be getting your 2592x1944 pixel, 2+ MB file. BS may generate thumbnails, but clicking on the thumbnail brings us to your raw files.

When you're in a Brickshelf Gallery and you click on an image, in brings you to a 'constrained' image; which is the same sized file as the original with the pixel dimensions limited by HTML. However, those still take a while to load; and the deeplinks are still the original sized images. That's what he (reepblue) meant.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

Free Rice
smcginnis
Justiciar

Postby Gumby » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:23 pm

smcginnis wrote:
Gumby wrote:I'm sorry, but Brickshelf doesn't resize... if it did, then I wouldn't be getting your 2592x1944 pixel, 2+ MB file. BS may generate thumbnails, but clicking on the thumbnail brings us to your raw files.

When you're in a Brickshelf Gallery and you click on an image, in brings you to a 'constrained' image; which is the same sized file as the original with the pixel dimensions limited by HTML. However, those still take a while to load; and the deeplinks are still the original sized images. That's what he (reepblue) meant.

Oh yes, point taken. Meanwhile, I was referring to resizing the file size, not the picture dimensions. :oops:
-Bryan
Gumby
Steward

Postby The Shadow Knight » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:44 am

The MOC is great. The scenery is one of the best I've seen in a while.
-May your winds be fair !
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Return to Castle MOCs