C: standard 1x2 plate
11%
D: other
11%

Total votes: 27

Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

I voted C so that you can stand a lego man or mount a cannon/catupault onto the side. THis would mae for impressive battle scenes!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

porschecm2 wrote:
doctorsparkles wrote:I think the tile-topped (A) looks the best, but I've found that I've almost always got something standing on top of the battlements (a bird, a suicidal minifig, etc.) so the 1*2 plate is a good idea if you're going to be doing anything like that.
If that is the case, could you not put a 1x1 plate under the piece(bird, flag, etc), and a 1x1 tile next to it? Or just a full 1x2 plate where needed. If it would have a piece over it anyway, who would know the difference?

Cm2

The idea is that if you use 1*2 plates, you can move whatever it is where ever you want, whenever you want, without having to switch out pieces. Your idea would work well for a stationary object, though.
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

I think the standard 1x2 plate looks best. The extra detail looks more realistic to me. In Norman castles, they often put short spikes on top of the crenelations to make it harder to spot a head peeking over the top.

I like the idea of using the technic half pin to hold the tiles sideways. Good work!

Stephen
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I would have to pick C. A looks the best, but C would function far better because of the studs.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

porschecm2 wrote:Or they could be a 1x1 technic brick with a technic 1/2 pin.
Yeah, that's what I assumed it was.

Anyway, I thought A was the best of the three you have here.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Where did all those strange green pieces come from? I can't think of a single set with them.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

hm, what green pieces?

if its a reference to the color of my digital camera, well, I am a lego nut and a heraldry nut, not a photagraphy nut... If there are green pieces in that pic that I know about, then I must have gotten them somewhere :D
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:hm, what green pieces?
I checked your photo again, and sure enough, the light grey seems to have a greenish hue to it -- due likely to the lighting and the quality of the camera (but having nothing to do with the skill of the photographer of course :wink: ).

It may also have to do with a bit of colour blindness. I'm rated at about 10-20% red/green colour blind, so sometimes I 'see' colours that aren't there. And of course, don't see colours that are there. A case in point -- traffic lights, for me, are red, amber, and white. I 'see' the green in them now because I know that they're supposed to be green, but my natural inclination is to say white. Some of the newer styles of lights are more easily green to me, but generally I see white.

Primary colours are the easiest for me to see, pastels are a struggle.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)