Really cool MOC

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Really cool MOC

Post by Athos »

Did this get posted here? If not it should be. It is one of the most impressive MOCs I've seen in a while. Puts anything I have done to shame. Check it out:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=19627

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

*Breaks down in tears* This is wonderful! No. Awesome! No. It's...um...the best MOC of it's sort I've ever seen. Words escape me. How did he attach all those round 2x2 tiles?
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Holy Cheeseballs :shock: That is one impressive MOC! There really is not much to say - the pictures explain it all. The most impressive aspect though is the roof. 10/10 all the way.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Re: Really cool MOC

Post by Glencaer »

Athos wrote:Did this get posted here? If not it should be. It is one of the most impressive MOCs I've seen in a while. Puts anything I have done to shame.
I wouldn't say "to shame" - Paul's in a different league of builders than you or I - he's a B-Link seller (much like Troy) and having obscene amounts of parts that you need for creations like this is something he has access to that we don't (and prolly won't).

In other words, I definately wouldn't compare your mocs to his. Many of my own innovations in design have been dealing with piece shortages rather than piece surpluses.

Having said that, Paul's creation is very nice, with lots of interesting details. That roof is particularly nice.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

For some reasons, it reminds me of one of those chocolate/candy houses that you see in store windows around X'mas times (admin: we need a drooling emoticon)

But nice moc with a very innovative roof. :wink:

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Lenny's right, most of us are not privy to unending supplies. I think my best stuff comes from having to make accomodations for not having enough bricks of one kind or another. Isaac, you are right, it had a Gingerbread House business to it. But what a creation! I will probably never build something quite like this, but it's fun to admire. How did he get those shingles to attach?
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
moom
Freeman

Post by moom »

I would classify this as a town hall in the Renaissance building style.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

:shock: Wow just Wow. thats all i can say :shock: :shock:
Taki
Villein

Post by Taki »

It looks like a real Townhall of the 15th century! Genius decor etc. Must have my own on! Lego should sell it as a MOC-Set.

Real one:
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

I have to admit that model makes me despair a bit too. Not so much the amount of bricks, as that is just a choice over how to spend money, but rather Paul's statement that "Over the easter weekend, I made a Medieval Townhall." He did that in one weekend!?!? I've been working far longer on a scene that will be much smaller (it will be a Minas Tirith scene). He must be a speedy builder.

In addition to the roof, my favorite little detail is how the beams that support the upper layers (the brown inverse 1x1 slopes in this picture):
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=724937
are set down one brick in the "stone" section, with the 1x1 rounds on top of them. Most tudor-style buildings put these inverse slopes immediately below the upper floor, as in this great little house by James:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=632344
I like the way that Paul did this. It emphasizes the color contrast between the gray stone and the brown beams a lot more.

Bruce