C-C Create A Theme Contest Winners

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

*cough slightly*

Congradulations, DARKspawn and Traveler!
This has been worrying me alot & I am really glad to hear some voices of support in this thread. I must admit the occasional negative comment is beggining to upset me a little. I guess that's the price of success though & I am willing to wear it.
Don't let you pull down. You have done so many great creations the past CCC and again this contest.

Everyone who thinks he has no chance for winning has only to enter and see what the future brings.

Noone knows about me a few years ago. I thought "a german can never win an us-contest". But I learned there are no borders. You only have to have a good idea and a bit luck when entering.

regards,
jens
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Thanks so much guys, I have long appreciated both Nathan & Jen's creations, & it means alot to me that many people have taken the time to post their support.

Thanks again
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

DARKspawn wrote:I really looked up to many builders on this site, & rather than being jealous of their abilities & collections I set my mind to learning how to build. Nelson & John were my main influences but I soon discovered many more.

So I guess what I am saying is that anybody can accomplish what I have achieved this year by simply putting their mind to it. I am a CC success story, & I am proud to contribute to this site.
I am honored, Aaron, as I, too, am a CC success. Before CCC2, I was an unknown fan. I gave it my all, and finished in second place by a mere .2 points. The following year, I focused my efforts and became CCC3's Master Builder, winning by the same margin. It's truly not about how good a builder you are, but rather about putting your heart, mind, and soul into your work. Anyone can take it upon themselves to learn and to improve. 'Believe, strive, and achieve.' :!:
Lonan wrote:Although, I do like the practice of past overall winners bowing out of the CCC the next year.(which dates back to Freak if I'm not mistaken) It allows us to spread the love.
You are correct. Freak set the bar so high, all we could do was follow suit. 8) Personally, in terms of the CCC, I hope this tradition continues.
Bruce N H wrote:One of these days I think we should hold an invitational contest, not for all comers, but for all of those who have won any prior contest here at CC (both "official" contests like the CCCs and periodic smaller contests hosted by the admins and the "unofficial" contests like the battles contest or the mini castle contest hosted by individual members). I'd love to see a clash of titans pitting the best of the best against eachother.
While I can see why this would be a great contest, please count me out. I don't think it helps the fans/community to place builders into an 'arena' for sport. I've always admired how C-C keeps contests open, allowing winners to bow out on their own accord, and to see the works and learned techniques of newcomers blossom into future masterpieces.

*Steps off soapbox.*
Alas, this thread is about the winners of the Create-A-Theme contest. Congratulations to DARKspawn and Traveler - You deserve the win and respect. 8)

Aloha!
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

*goes all warm & fuzzy

Thanks, Nelson :) & I just want to thank the CC admin team again for always being fair & unbiased. You guys run a fine site.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Life isn't fun or fair, and unfair admins don't make it any better. Thankfully, we have a group of admins that try their best! :D

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn