Colossal Castle Contest V

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Another question. Is it okay if I have a little bit of a tree outside the size limit? Like if its only a couple studs out?

Thanks in advance,

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
januson
Peasant

entry # 5 completed and photographed

Post by januson »

got my 5th entry finished on sunday, photographed yesterday. 4 more ideas ready so i'll have all the categories... wonder if i should post them like some others have been doing

anyway, loving this contest
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Re: entry # 5 completed and photographed

Post by Aliencat »

januson wrote:got my 5th entry finished on sunday, photographed yesterday. 4 more ideas ready so i'll have all the categories... wonder if i should post them like some others have been doing

anyway, loving this contest
I think posting them gets more other inspired to enter more categories, so I'd say yes, definately! :) the more the merrier, no?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Quote:
I have a quick question about the categories. Would a scene from MacBeth be acceptable? And if so, would it be considered Medieval History (since MacBeth was a real king), or a legend (Shakespeare's play)? I'm wondering since I have to build something for a school project, and thought it would be cool if I could enter it here. Just wondering, thanks in advance for the answer.

Shakespeare wrote this play before 1666 so it would be allowed.

Thanks. Just to clarify though, does this mean it's "Medieval History" or a "Medieval Legend?"
spyrius
Gong Farmer

Entry

Post by spyrius »

I'm working on an entry right now. Still waiting on a few orders of bricks to come in. I hope I make it.
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Spongey wrote:Quote:
I have a quick question about the categories. Would a scene from MacBeth be acceptable? And if so, would it be considered Medieval History (since MacBeth was a real king), or a legend (Shakespeare's play)? I'm wondering since I have to build something for a school project, and thought it would be cool if I could enter it here. Just wondering, thanks in advance for the answer.

Thanks. Just to clarify though, does this mean it's "Medieval History" or a "Medieval Legend?"
Not that I'd want to help anybody in the history category since that's the one I'm focusing on, but if that's the category you want, it'd be really cool to show it as a staged scene. I think your presentation would determine the category...a MOC depicting the peformance of MacBeth would be historic, but a MOC depicting an unstaged scene would be a legend. That's how I see it anyway....
MrTS
Lord

Post by MrTS »

I have a stupid question that isnt even important maybe, but i was just wondering... :roll:

The restrictions are - 2 times 32x32 or 1 time a 48x48 plate ...

But what about 128x16? what about 256x8, 1x2048? :P haha sorry, just wondering how this would work here...
You want a piece of me?!?!

My Brickshelf gallery:[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrTS]here[/url]
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I mistakenly entered my CCCV entry in the wrong category. I meant for it to be in the Misc. category, but I am pretty sure I entered it as Castle Spaces...would an admin or mod be able to help me correct the error??

EDIT--- I corrected the errors in my entry (too many pics).

Thank you for your prompt reply, Bruce. :D
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Elephant Knight wrote:Another question. Is it okay if I have a little bit of a tree outside the size limit? Like if its only a couple studs out?
If your leaves and branches stick out just a few studs that may be acceptable.

Sidewinder gave a good explanation. This really depends on if your moc is based on a performance of the play or not.
But what about 128x16? what about 256x8, 1x2048? Razz haha sorry, just wondering how this would work here...
No, these sizes will not be allowed ;)

Ben
CC Contest Admin
MrTS
Lord

Post by MrTS »

i posted a moc (may-day) here on the forum, but i havent submitted it through a submission form....am i still allowed to make some changes to my MOC? Eventough i already made it public?

I dont know :?
You want a piece of me?!?!

My Brickshelf gallery:[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrTS]here[/url]
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

ok small problem here an entry i'm working on has a vehicle that is a major part of the entry problem is it doesn't fit on the base plate where a structure will be,whats the call on this?
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

MrTS wrote:I posted a moc (may-day) here on the forum, but I haven't submitted it through a submission form....am I still allowed to make some changes to my MOC? Even though I already made it public?
We would rather have everyone submit their entries and then post in the forums for reviews. Once an entry is submitted, it should not be changed.

Since your entry was not submitted yet, you can make minor changes. For future entries, submit them before posting in the forums. Thank you.
ok small problem here an entry I'm working on has a vehicle that is a major part of the entry problem is it doesn't fit on the base plate where a structure will be,whats the call on this?
Put a baseplate under the vehicle and count that as part of your baseplate requirement. If the entry is for the miscellaneous category, you will not have baseplate restrictions.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

hmm problem is my fortification (actually a small section will take over 2 base plates,as construction can be seen here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286846)so i will not be able to use another baseplate.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Asterios wrote:hmm problem is my fortification (actually a small section will take over 2 base plates,as construction can be seen here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286846)so i will not be able to use another baseplate.
You could move the wall back to allow room for a siege weapon. If the creation is too large, it will have to go in the miscellaneous category.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

i'll probably do a side shot instead.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain