Colossal Castle Contest V

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Bruce N H wrote:
LORD DOOM wrote:Man I hope I have enough time off to build an entry let alone read this thread. :/
LOL! I'd just ignore this thread and build. The purpose of the CCC is to have fun and encourage building in the castle theme, not to have lawyers haggle over ever detail (no offense, Athos, and any other lawyers in the forum).

Bruce
Yeah, anybody who expects to submit for master builder and win should have started on day 1! ...unless you already had models done.

But, it's kind of a downer to build something under the assumption that it's valid for a given category, only to find out later that it's not.

Contest operators usually cannot anticipate every question, which is understandable. This should be about alleviating any stress and focusing on the fun of the build.

If the rules say _2_ 32x32 or smaller, and the Castle Spaces category says to build _2_ or more, then I can only assume what the author's intent is.
jangofett14
Apprentice

Post by jangofett14 »

Hi!
I have one question:
Why i can submit my MOC? When i press "Submit and Entry", It show me "Error!" What's going on?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=filozof33]My Gallery[/url] | In Progress - CCC VI
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

jangofett14 wrote:Hi!
I have one question:
Why i can submit my MOC? When i press "Submit and Entry", It show me "Error!" What's going on?
The submission pages are still not operational. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the pages up soon.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Man, I can't wait to see some of the entries people make. :)

I have 1 and 1/2 done, and I am starting work on my 3rd entry. It is hard when you have to take apart every entry so you can make one for a different category. :| I'm going to try to make 6 entries so I could possibly win Master Builder. :wink: (yeah, in my dreams...)
My life is based on a true story.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Question. Can you make an entry in the Fortifications catagory in microscale? It would be much easier for me if I did it that way.

Thanks in advance,

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
nwinch
Peasant

Post by nwinch »

hi all

i was just wondering in the legends catogory can you make it vased on your own legend rather than one that is famous?

it doesn't matter but i have got my own legend, if i have to write a basic outline of the story that is fine
92% of teens would die if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasnt cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

architect wrote:
3. Is it possible to combine several images onto one 800x600 image?
We only allow smaller detail pictures to show a moving function (ie: trap door, falling axes, secret opening) on your moc. Otherwise, you can not add more than one picture into a 800x600 image.
Hey Ben.

I've taken my shots- is it at all possible for me to include a boxout on one of the three shots to show the interior? Given the tight restrictions on the amount of images we can upload i'm a little hesitant to use one purely of the MOC roof off etc.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Elephant Knight wrote:Question. Can you make an entry in the Fortifications catagory in microscale? It would be much easier for me if I did it that way.

Thanks in advance,

EKnight
The admins will have to discuss using scales (other than minifig scale) in categories other than miscellaneous.
i was just wondering in the legends catogory can you make it vased on your own legend rather than one that is famous?
No. It must be an actual medieval legend. There are many to choose from. We are not looking for you to create a new story.
I've taken my shots- is it at all possible for me to include a boxout on one of the three shots to show the interior?
We have not allowed this in the past. You can pm links of your images to me to check if you would like.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

architect wrote: We have not allowed this in the past. You can pm links of your images to me to check if you would like.
Ah, thanks again.

Just a quick question regarding a possible future entry.
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

I hope ill have time i'm busy making a recipe for the world's cooking

convention, or else my boss wil kill me so i'm a little tight on time but ill

try and get some entries in.

-Ethan :?
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes
Giorgio Chronas
Villein

question to admins

Post by Giorgio Chronas »

I do not want to be anoying with too many questions,
:oops: but one has come up while building my 4th entry. Can we use, as long as it does not dominate a moc, an own piece of cloth in the moc, which is not from the Lego Company? Example, I hate the Lego sails, could I use an own cloth made sail? Or if a tent is part of a moc use an own piece of cloth for that tent. I am just not sure if I could use such a cloth irrespective of the category I am applying for, although if I could, I think it would look fantastic.
Waiting for your answer in order to continue my current entry.
Thanks
Giorgio
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I have a quick question about the categories. Would a scene from MacBeth be acceptable? And if so, would it be considered Medieval History (since MacBeth was a real king), or a legend (Shakespeare's play)? I'm wondering since I have to build something for a school project, and thought it would be cool if I could enter it here. Just wondering, thanks in advance for the answer.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

A quick question. The rules say that you cannot submit something that has had pictures online before November 1st. What about something that had a few WIP pics online, and has since changed very much?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Any update on when we can expect to see the upload form live?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: question to admins

Post by architect »

Giorgio Chronas wrote:Can we use, as long as it does not dominate a moc, an own piece of cloth in the moc, which is not from the Lego Company?
Thanks
Yes. In the past we have allowed custom cloth sails and capes.
I have a quick question about the categories. Would a scene from MacBeth be acceptable? And if so, would it be considered Medieval History (since MacBeth was a real king), or a legend (Shakespeare's play)? I'm wondering since I have to build something for a school project, and thought it would be cool if I could enter it here. Just wondering, thanks in advance for the answer.
Shakespeare wrote this play before 1666 so it would be allowed.
A quick question. The rules say that you cannot submit something that has had pictures online before November 1st. What about something that had a few WIP pics online, and has since changed very much?
This probably would not be allowed. But send us pictures/links of what was online before and what it looks like now. Then the judges will make a ruling.
Any update on when we can expect to see the upload form live?
We are still waiting on our programmer to update the php pages. If this is not done very soon, we will have a new system set up by a different programmer. If any CC member has php experience and would like to help, please send us a pm. Thanks.

Ben
CC Contest Admin