Colossal Castle Contest V

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

architect wrote: The fall of Rome to the burning of London in 1666 is the time frame.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
well so much for the battle of thermopylea :evil:
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
MrTS
Lord

Post by MrTS »

Yooooosh! :D

I've been looking forward to the new Collosal Castle Contest! I really like the new categories! They are totally different from last year, and very interesting!

And the prices this year are REALLY awesome! :shock: Now everybody just HAS to participate. I guess even more entries will be on this year!

You did an awesome job CCC people!

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by MrTS on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You want a piece of me?!?!

My Brickshelf gallery:[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrTS]here[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Regarding medieval journey, are we allowed to have some form of fortification included in the MOC? For example, could the ruins of a tower be included or is this category intended to be more landscape and tour based?
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

I still have a lot of parts to sort before I even have a place to work. But I'm confident this can be cleared up over the next few days.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Well I do not know if this question has been asked yet, but what would go into the miscellaneous category? The "does your castle creation not fit in one of our categories? then enter it here!" does not help me alot.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

leaf_of_lire wrote:Well I do not know if this question has been asked yet, but what would go into the miscellaneous category? The "does your castle creation not fit in one of our categories? then enter it here!" does not help me alot.
Good question.

I assume the size limit applies to misc as well?
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Yay!!! :D After all the waiting, it's finally here. A collosal thanks to the admins and prize donors! I'm definitely going to enter multiple categories. This is going to be my first CCC, and I'm pouring my heart and soul into it. I really like these new categories- they add a new dimension to the usual "Medieval Life, Castle Building, etc." categories. I'm especially psyched with the Farm, and especially especially the Festival category. Can't wait to enter!!!

Well, after that outburst, I'm off to throw something together for the Mini-Castle Contest, which I promised myself I'd do.
jedimasterwagner
Goat Brigade

Post by jedimasterwagner »

Spongey wrote: ...

Well, after that outburst, I'm off to throw something together for the Mini-Castle Contest, which I promised myself I'd do.
better hurry, it ends tomorrow! and to anyone else who might be itching to build something NOW that probably won't take as much time as the CCC, throw something together for the mini contest (what better reason to stay up late on a tuesday?)

:shock:
Vidgamer838
Peasant

Post by Vidgamer838 »

This is great to see, it's all very exciting. I am a bit sad that there is no custom figure category. Now, I'm not a frequent poster over here, so maybe someone can answer this for me. I was an Honorable Mention in the Custom Figure category last year, is it taboo/ faux pas to enter again?
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/vidgamer838/]flickr[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Count wrote:My silly question is about the Medieval legend category. You said you can use custom weapons, but what about custom helmets and shields such as the ones from BrickForge?

-Count
Yes you can. But remember that your scene will be graded as a whole and that custom accessories are only one possible part of that.
well so much for the battle of thermopylea
Classic-Castle is looking for Castle entries to a Castle Contest. If you would like a Greek/Roman contest, we suggest that you start your own contest with prizes sometime in the future.
Regarding medieval journey, are we allowed to have some form of fortification included in the MOC? For example, could the ruins of a tower be included or is this category intended to be more landscape and tour based?
Yes. One example would be European explorers journeying past the Great Wall of China. Or perhaps your Caravan is entering a fortified city to escape desert bandits. There are many possibilities.
Well I do not know if this question has been asked yet, but what would go into the miscellaneous category?
Any Castle moc which was not built specifically for a category will go here. Examples include a catapult, cog, battering ram, custom castle figure, etc.
I assume the size limit applies to misc as well?
The baseplate size limit applies to all categories in this contest.
I was an Honorable Mention in the Custom Figure category last year, is it taboo/ faux pas to enter again?
We will not accept creations posted online before November 1st, 2007. Any winner or honorable mention of a category last year is eligible to participate again this year.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Yay! Thanks to the CC team for once again hosting the best LEGO contest of all time. You guys deserve a freaking medal for judging, answering questions & putting up with the inevitable wingefest which is about to ensue ;) I'd also like to commend you for some very interesting catagories, I am also stoked to see the base restrictions (even though I have been caught out)

You rock
Mowie
Gong Farmer

Post by Mowie »

Hey, I'm excited enough about this contest to put myself on the list, and not just sneak an entry in unregistered.
I've already decided on the need to buy extra pieces to make the ideas work (any excuse will do).
Thanks to the team for putting the comp together. I don't care that much about the prizes (although I'll take them if you let me), I just enjoy the chance to a bit of friendly competition.
Hippotam
Villein

Post by Hippotam »

Hurray!

It's great to see the mother of all contests is organized again!

For all you not following the local blogs, let me say that this year's edition will be arena for Polish-Portugese tournament.

The winning community will receive a crate of regional fluids :-) (portwine vs. bison grass vodka) donated (and probably smuggled through the border) by loosing community.

More at Klocki.blox.pl or Forum0937
[url=http://www.e-klocki.com]Klocki - LEGO Bricks for Adults[/url].
jangofett14
Apprentice

Post by jangofett14 »

Hippotam wrote:The winning community will receive a crate of regional fluids :-) (portwine vs. bison grass vodka) donated (and probably smuggled through the border) by loosing community.
I don't drink Portwine, but i start in CCC V :D
Last edited by jangofett14 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=filozof33]My Gallery[/url] | In Progress - CCC VI
Nede23
Gong Farmer

Post by Nede23 »

Well, I have some questions.

Firstly: In examples for category "Trade and Industry" are all ideas about the industry, so my question is, does it includes some MOC with a trade theme? For example a harbour with a ship loading stock or something like that?

Secondly: It was spoken about it before, but I want to ask in exactly what categories are alowed some fantasy motives. My idea is perhaps some ogre in MOC for "Medieval Journey".

Thanks for answers and sorry for my english :?