Create Your Own Adventure. ~Complete~ (WINNERS PAGE 6!!)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Are you all about it?

I'm all sorts of down.
78%
Hellz n0!
22%

Total votes: 55

LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Create Your Own Adventure. ~Complete~ (WINNERS PAGE 6!!)

Post by LORD DOOM »

PRIZES!!!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LORDD ... prizez.jpg

Okay so...no contest? Huh? Weak sauce dude cause I was gonna build something tight. ALL-RIGHT WELL....

With all due respect to those of you who actually care, and in consideration to those of you who are all about it, I present to you, with no further delay the Bi-Annual LORD DOOM's Create Your Own Adventure Building Challenge.

Now, come to grips with me for a minute, you may say, "Who is this "DOOM" dude? What the double stud bluff is he talking about?" Well the fact is, that dude is me, and I'm giving away some good stuff and I know I don't have no "pictures" to pr0ve it and no "t@l3nt" to make you beleive, just the word of LORD DOOM.

7 Custom Minifigs

Twice a Year.

Your Mission, Build your own adventure, 4 pictures, 4 captions No size or nuttin' limits just give me 4 pictures 4 captions anything you freaking want, (castle OR classic-castle OR fantasy related is mandatory) But honestly I don't care if it's not strictly that castley, freedom is key. I want to see some people really getting into their Lego's and building not for me, but for themselves. That's what gonna win this contest.

Rules

No fake blood. (Only your real blood or that of your slain victim's is allowed)

No Crownies. (I'm sick of seeing 'em everywhere I look. Build some new more interesting figs people.)

No Whining.

Post entries (or links to entries) in this thread.

1 Winner, Twice a year. 7 SWEET FIGS.

Challenge Ends June 1st 2008.

Winner will be selected by a panel of 1 judge. Me.

Entries will be judged on 3 basic principles,

1. Imagination

2. Creation

3. Presentation

I won't be playing favorites here. Anybody can enter! Only one can win!

Runner up will get a custom fig by DOOM too!

(EDIT - I've been working on your Prizes all day guys and here's what information I can give you so far, the 7 figure set is a band of adventures from the west. More prize info to come! Double EDIT - For the record guys I love the Crown Knights, I do that's why I'm accumulating them. ;) I've just seen 'em so much y'know. Not trying to be a hater.)
Last edited by LORD DOOM on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:08 am, edited 12 times in total.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

I just have a couple questions: When you say four pictures four captions, do you want a progressive storyline? And if so, can we use multiple locations?
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I just have a couple questions: When you say four pictures four captions, do you want a progressive storyline? And if so, can we use multiple locations?
Only if YOU want to create a progressive storyline.

The only thing I want is to see you build without reservations and inhibitions. Build like mad. It's what the "Maniac" would've wanted. May god rest his manic-depressive soul.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Could you give me an example of a Pic with Caption? I'm not really all up to date. Or could anyone else? Thanks,
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I've been thinking about starting a comic series. This would be the perfect way to start out, though my idea involved at least one crown knight.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I'm all sorts of game!
Plus I have 0 Crown Knights so that's all cool.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

I would love to, but as I have recently exited my Dark Age I have a great Variety of Crownies and it's not fair to newer collectors that I can't use my Crownie Collection.

The Crownies are a great throwback in the style of Classic-Castle and I'm not sure why you would not allow them to be used, but you would allow Jelly-Beans...
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

LordZode wrote:I'm not sure why you would not allow them to be used, but you would allow Jelly-Beans...
As seen in the Common Sense for Contests, in the Admins' Announcements:
JoshWedin wrote:3. Refrain from criticizing the rules, guidelines, categories, or prizes. If you don’t like how the contest is run, feel free to run your own. But do not put down those who are doing so already. There is no need to complain about the categories, as no one is forcing you to enter. Even if you don't like them, look at them as a challenge. You will be surprised at the creativity inspired by a restrictive category. As for prizes, remember that donors are giving away Lego they could have kept. Hearing people ridicule the prizes they donated may make them reconsider doing so in the future.
I actually like seeing something different from Crownies in bley castles with gold crenelations, and some more either good old classic stuff and/or custom figs, factions, you name it :)
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

Hmm, I've thought much about a comic type thing, but never actually did it.

Question:
Are Crown knight parts allowed, like a silver helm on a fig with a Lion Knight torso?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dr-J]My Brickshelf; come on in and take your shoes off![/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerng/]My Flickr; wipe your feet at the door and wash your hands.[/url]
<><
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

Aliencat wrote:
LordZode wrote:I'm not sure why you would not allow them to be used, but you would allow Jelly-Beans...
JoshWedin wrote:3. Refrain from criticizing the rules, guidelines, categories, or prizes. If you don’t like how the contest is run, feel free to run your own. But do not put down those who are doing so already. There is no need to complain about the categories, as no one is forcing you to enter. Even if you don't like them, look at them as a challenge. You will be surprised at the creativity inspired by a restrictive category. As for prizes, remember that donors are giving away Lego they could have kept. Hearing people ridicule the prizes they donated may make them reconsider doing so in the future.
I actually like seeing something different from Crownies in bley castles with gold crenelations, and some more either good old classic stuff and/or custom figs, factions, you name it :)
I'm not criticizing the rules guidelines categories or prizes. The objective is also not exclude people and make them feel inferiour, and seeing as how I have a large collection of Crownies but little else, I am excluded from this otherwise excellent contest.

He even had a poll asking why I was all about it; I was simply explaining why I was not...
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

LORD DOOM wrote:
Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I just have a couple questions: When you say four pictures four captions, do you want a progressive storyline? And if so, can we use multiple locations?
Only if YOU want to create a progressive storyline.

The only thing I want is to see you build without reservations and inhibitions. Build like mad. It's what the "Maniac" would've wanted. May god rest his manic-depressive soul.
Okay...I think I understand. An example would be extremely helpful though.

I miss the maniac...and I hated when they stopped using real LEGO to make the comics.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

LordZode wrote:
Aliencat wrote:
I'm not criticizing the rules guidelines categories or prizes. The objective is also not exclude people and make them feel inferiour, and seeing as how I have a large collection of Crownies but little else, I am excluded from this otherwise excellent contest.

He even had a poll asking why I was all about it; I was simply explaining why I was not...
Hey guys let me clear things up a bit.

There's no need to feel inferior due to your part selection Lord Zode, and I certainly had no intention of that by organizing this contest.

So to answer Dr. J's question and hopefully relieve some of Lord Zode's discouragement, Crownie pieces are completely legitimate when used in this contest. Constructed Crown Knights and images representing their Heraldry are not, so yeah crown shields are out, Torso's could slip by if used on another type of fig.

I'd love to see you compete too Lord Zode, don't feel limited by what you have, the only limitation is your imagination, just re-work some of your guys, surely if you have Crownies you must have a couple of Skellies too right? Why not mix-and match some of those elements to create a new mini-faction?

To answer Black Ranger's question, a caption to an image is a short description that appears below the image. Most captions are a few words mentioning something important about the image that is not obvious simply by looking at the image, such as its relevance to the text. For complex images or images whose relationship to the text is unclear, the caption can be one or two short sentences, rarely three.

Your "Captions" can be added directly to the picture itself using photo-editing software or typed beneath the images in your entry or listed separately, if you should so desire.

And while I'm on that note anyway, yes Photoshopped entries ARE allowed, LDraw entries are not.
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

Thanks, LORD DOOM! Good show!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

This is a good idea Lord Doom. I WILL (and when I say I will, I'm not lying) participate in this contest.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Ahhh! I see now, thanks DOOM! Now to get to work...