Page 9 of 13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 am
by architect
Garbageman13 wrote:Hey there, another day, another question!

Can I post my MOC on the forums here before I submit it, and then fix up anything later after I've gotten feedback, take new pictures, and then submit my entry?

Thanks!


This is frowned upon by the judges. We suggest not asking for feedback from other fans who are competing against you. Plus, once the online submission system is up (yes we apologize for the delay), the admins will approve each entry. Changing entry images causes more problems for the admins. You can wait until the end of the contest to submit if you plan on modifying your entries multiple times.


Can the custom figure be brick built ?


Yes. But it may not be scored as highly.

Ben

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:34 pm
by Garbageman13
architect wrote:
Garbageman13 wrote:Hey there, another day, another question!

Can I post my MOC on the forums here before I submit it, and then fix up anything later after I've gotten feedback, take new pictures, and then submit my entry?

Thanks!


This is frowned upon by the judges. We suggest not asking for feedback from other fans who are competing against you. Plus, once the online submission system is up (yes we apologize for the delay), the admins will approve each entry. Changing entry images causes more problems for the admins. You can wait until the end of the contest to submit if you plan on modifying your entries multiple times.


Ahh, yes I see. Thanks for answering!

HELP!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 pm
by Seikfreid
Help! I get a 404 error whenever I click on the submit an entry or view entries categories! Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm
by man at ye old well
As has been said at least 4 times if not more the Admins have yet to set up the submit and entery page. So just wait.

,Old Weller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 am
by Seikfreid
man at ye old well wrote:As has been said at least 4 times if not more the Admins have yet to set up the submit and entery page. So just wait.

,Old Weller



Thanks.

Seikfreid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:04 am
by I Scream Clone
Hi, Im after some clarification on moving figures between photos for my Secret Hideout as it consists of a waterfall that is dammed.
linky
Thanks in advance. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:47 am
by shmails
I have a question: Can you paint an animal to look like a statue? The rules says stickers are allowed, I was wondering about gold or silver paint? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:31 am
by tiberium_blue
Quick question: Would a stained-glass window be eligible for the tapestry category?

insets

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:29 pm
by januson
i know insets are allowed for moving parts. any chance an inset can be in a crowded siege scene to show off my battering ram?

i went through my photos and realized the battering ram is blocked by the castle wall or by people in all the shots... but i also have a separate shot of just the battering ram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 am
by architect
I Scream Stone wrote:Hi, Im after some clarification on moving figures between photos for my Secret Hideout as it consists of a waterfall that is dammed.
linky
Thanks in advance. :D


You can show your moc with the waterfall and the dammed waterfall (to show the secret entrance).

I have a question: Can you paint an animal to look like a statue? The rules says stickers are allowed, I was wondering about gold or silver paint? Thanks!


Painting Lego is only allowed in the customs category.

Would a stained-glass window be eligible for the tapestry category?


No. It should look like a fabric tapestry. A stained glass category could be a good idea for future contests.

I know insets are allowed for moving parts. Any chance an inset can be in a crowded siege scene to show off my battering ram?


No. You can link to the ram image in your forum post. But for the contest purposes, you can not have a smaller image of one of your siege weapons. It should be evident that catapults fire, rams batter, trebuchets launch, etc.

Ben

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:34 pm
by doodstormer
Sorry if this has been asked already, but are we allowed to submit multiple entries into one category? If so, how many?
(Specifically, the minifig category)

Also, in the minifig category, are we allowed to have multiple figs in one entry, like a squad of identical figs or a king's bodyguards?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:44 pm
by Bruce N H
doodstormer wrote:Sorry if this has been asked already, but are we allowed to submit multiple entries into one category? If so, how many?


From the rules page:
"You may submit up to 2 entries into each category."
With one exception listed in the Vignettes cateogry:
"You are limited to only one vignette entry in this contest."

I'll let Ben give a final answer on the other, but my preliminary thought is no.

Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 am
by architect
doodstormer wrote:Also, in the minifig category, are we allowed to have multiple figs in one entry, like a squad of identical figs or a king's bodyguards?


No. An entry in that category can only contain one figure.

Ben

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 am
by dr_stupid
Hi,

Hopefully this is going to be my first contest, so sorry if my question is off.

Can I use, for the sake of art, broken pieces in my creations? For instance, if I had a broken sword, could I use that?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm
by architect
dr_stupid wrote:Hi,

Hopefully this is going to be my first contest, so sorry if my question is off.

Can I use, for the sake of art, broken pieces in my creations? For instance, if I had a broken sword, could I use that?

Thanks


You can use a broken sword.

Ben