Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Colossal Castle Contest VI

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Postby Lamanda2 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 am

Hey there,

I have one question - In the custom minifig category, is it cool to use decals that have been seen by the public before, or that have been used in other customs?

Due to lack of rescources and computer troubles, I'm not sure if I'll be able to create anything fresh, so I'd like to make sure if this acceptable before I go and make something.

The figure itself won't be one I've shown before, but it's likely to have a familiar torso.

Thank you,
~Amanda
User avatar
Lamanda2
Merchant
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:05 am
Location: US of A

Postby DNL » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Can my tapestry entry be partly SNOT and partly studs up if the SNOT part has studs to the side?
User avatar
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Norway

Postby jangofett14 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi!
Why we can't "submit and entry" our Entries?
My Gallery | In Progress - CCC VI
User avatar
jangofett14
Apprentice
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:08 am
Location: Poland, Poznan City

Postby architect » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Lamanda2 wrote:Hey there,

I have one question - In the custom minifig category, is it cool to use decals that have been seen by the public before, or that have been used in other customs?

Due to lack of rescources and computer troubles, I'm not sure if I'll be able to create anything fresh, so I'd like to make sure if this acceptable before I go and make something.

The figure itself won't be one I've shown before, but it's likely to have a familiar torso.

Thank you,
~Amanda


This is likely acceptable since the entire figure has not been seen online before.

Can my tapestry entry be partly SNOT and partly studs up if the SNOT part has studs to the side?


Yes.

Why we can't "submit and entry" our Entries?


The admins are still working on this and hope to have the system up soon. Please have patience as we work on these technical issues. Thanks.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby Aliencat » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello Ben,
I have a question:
Since we are allowed to show three photos of our entries. for the vignette entry, can I show one photo of the vignette itself, and one photo of just the minifigures that "star" in that vignette?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build MOCs

Image
User avatar
Aliencat
Josh's Minion
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: Malé, Maldives

Postby architect » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:53 am

Aliencat wrote:Hello Ben,
I have a question:
Since we are allowed to show three photos of our entries. for the vignette entry, can I show one photo of the vignette itself, and one photo of just the minifigures that "star" in that vignette?


No. Please just take different angles of the "frozen scene" of the vignette. Thanks.

Ben
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby Aliencat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm

architect wrote:
Aliencat wrote:Hello Ben,
I have a question:
Since we are allowed to show three photos of our entries. for the vignette entry, can I show one photo of the vignette itself, and one photo of just the minifigures that "star" in that vignette?


No. Please just take different angles of the "frozen scene" of the vignette. Thanks.

Roger that! Thanks a lot for the quick response :)
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build MOCs

Image
User avatar
Aliencat
Josh's Minion
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: Malé, Maldives

Postby nanuck95 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 am

FYI - the "submit an entry" from the main contest page still doesn't work. Not sure if that was supposed to be updated or not.

Edit: Nevermind, it works now. Was still getting the 404 not found message.
User avatar
nanuck95
Court jester
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

Postby Aliencat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 pm

I have one question regarding the Submit an entry page. There's a thing to fill out for Image 1, and for a link to the gallery/folder/set. The link is clear, but does Image 1 have to be a thumbnail, or can it also be 800x600?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build MOCs

Image
User avatar
Aliencat
Josh's Minion
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: Malé, Maldives

Postby Bruce N H » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Hey AC,

It can be larger. A thumbnail will be generated automatically.

Bruce
User avatar
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium
 
Posts: 6537
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:11 pm
Location: Middle Zealand

Postby Aliencat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for the quick answer Bruce, I will get to submitting some entries rightaway!
once the brickshelf folders are public... :roll:
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build MOCs

Image
User avatar
Aliencat
Josh's Minion
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: Malé, Maldives

Postby matthew444442 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Hello everyone ,

I have one question : Can be joust to AoC category ???
User avatar
matthew444442
Serf
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: Rybnik , Poland

Postby architect » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:20 pm

matthew444442 wrote:Hello everyone ,

I have one question : Can be joust to AoC category ???


Yes, but the joust should have a purpose. Ideas would be to win the favor of a lady, or preventing someone from being harmed.

Ben
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Postby RichardAM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:20 pm

A wee bit off-topic, but all the same, that new submit form is the stuff of awesome. :wink:
User avatar
RichardAM
Merchant
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:23 pm

What the heck?

Postby deathdog1 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 am

I spent 30 minutes last night figuring how to submit my entries using the form and as far as I can tell I put in everything correctly, yet my entries aren't showing up on the "view entries" section. Were they just that bad, or there some sort of vetting process they need to go through? I just want to make sure my stuff gets entered -- even if every entry ends up being last place in its category, I want the satisfaction of knowing I tried. Thanks for listening!
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
User avatar
deathdog1
Apprentice
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: medib, Tedward and 1 guest