Hrothingas Castle - Castle Evolution - Stage 1

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

This is awesome! I like the idea of advancing to the next age. :)
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
jdigiovanna
Serf

Post by jdigiovanna »

Heart rate before seeing moc: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ During moc: -----------
After moc:@!$@!%@#$^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This is amazingly stupendously awsome! Your landscaping is so perfect and so distinct that i think that mother nature must be jealous of your talent :D . Those walls are so great for the scene and the tower is so beautifully practical. I cant bare to wright much more after what your moc just did to my heart rate :wink: but I just cant wait to see the next installment. Love the walls too,

Jameson.
"Come home with this sheild or upon it."-A Spartan woman equips her son
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Wow those rocks are so snotty, it's not even funny. I even saw a dark bley minifig leg used in your landscaping. :D Great work!
-Bryan
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Ooo! An excellent idea, sir! Your first offering is astoundingly detailed! The rocks are well constructed and the plant life makes the scene look very rough and rural. I can't wait to see it as it gets developed! Well played.

God bless.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Re: Hrothingas Castle - Castle Evolution - Stage 1

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

nooo dude seriously in 950 ad dude castles were like pure stone trust me im like a middle ages expert. look on wikipedia the wood castle was improved in like 450 ad to stone. this tpe of castle was seen in about 400-450 ad :tasty:
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

DNL,

Awesome castle development! This really has been fun to watch at the many stages you have created of its life. Nice work!

Darkstar,

You are joking right? Just in case you are not. Wood and earth fortifications remain in use the entire medieval period. Several of the towns the Black Prince sacks in Southern France during the 100 Years War had almost exclusive wood and earthworks for defences. Outside western and central europe wood fortifications often remained the primary types of fortifications. Even after the medieval period wood remains a main tool in fortifications.

I do not want to be too hard on wiki but it has no review standards so be careful with it!.

Cheers,

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:
I do not want to be too hard on wiki but it has no review standards so be careful with it!.

Cheers,

Heir
Also, anyone who reads it can change it to whatever they want with the edit button.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.