Announcing CC's newest contest: MOC The Admins v2.0!
This is your chance to pull punches on CC's main enforcers. Feel free to throw in some inside jokes, low punches (not too low!), or aim high. It's totally up to you. You'll be judged on creativity and style.
In the next couple days, I will be updating this post to include photos of the Admin’s Sig-figs. If you don’t have the parts, feel free to use what you feel best represents them.
Classic Castle, I present to you your admins
: Here are your rules:
1. You must include at least ONE admin. These are Troy, Bruce, Ben, Josh, and Tony.
2. Inappropriate entries will be disqualified. I reserve final judgment on this.
3. This will be a Vignette. No larger than 12x12 studs. Please keep the base non-SNOT, so we can see the studs. No more than two levels.
4. This must be a NEW creation, and cannot be posted online prior to August 1, 2009--the official start date.
5. You have until August 23rd, 11:59pm PST (-8 GMT) to post your entry in the proper thread.
6. It’s perfectly okay to use custom pieces and accessories.
7. For each entry, you are allowed 3 images in one file or set. Don’t make me hunt for your entry. I’m not going to place a size limit, but use your best judgment here. My monitor, for example, is approximately 1200x900 pixels. I should not have to scroll up and down or side to side to see your entry. Take care to think of those who aren’t on high-speed, too.
8. There are prizes. Oh yes, there will be prizes. Those will be announced later.
9. There is a limit of 5 entries per person--this will allow you to MOC each Admin if you so choose.
Your judging panel will be made up of a couple of your friendly Mods—who are, to paraphrase Josh, pure as freshly fallen snow.
We’ll be looking at 1) adherence to the established rules; 2) Creativity and use of what you have; 3) Whether or not your joke is understandable. It should not be necessary to include a novel to explain the joke.
All entries will be posted in the entry thread, which I will make available on 8/1. Feel free to post a separate thread if you’d like feedback. All user discussion will be deleted from the entry thread.
The point of this contest is to HAVE FUN. Seriously. This isn’t the CCCCC, this isn’t the LEGO Olympics. Build to make fun your Admins, but believe you me, this isn’t the end of the world. If you don’t care for the guidelines, or don’t like parts of this, then you don’t have to play in my sandbox.
You have three days to brainstorm, and three weeks to build!
If you have questions, please post them here. I will do my best to answer then in a timely fashion.