MOC: Hill House; Homage to the Horror Genre

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
einsteinonthebeach
Peasant

Re: MOC: Hill House; Homage to the Horror Genre

Post by einsteinonthebeach »

Blue and white,

Thanks for the criticism. I do understand where you are coming from about the MOC being a series of vignettes put together. I was hoping the blood flowing throughout and the repeated use of spiral staircases would hold it together a little better.

My next MOC will be focusing on a large aqueduct system (water this time :halo: ) that converges into a single stream leading towards some sort of altar that houses the tree of life/fountain of youth. I will have some smaller scenes going on around this, but I will try not to steal as much focus on the main subject of the piece.

I can picture it all in my head, now I just need to set aside 50-60 hours of work time to get it done by the Holidays. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the nice words, I do appreciate them!

MLB
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I haven't been inspired to post for some time, but this one has made me take notice. I think this is a fantastic creation. It is a amalgam of vignettes, yet feels as a unified whole. The themes are carried well all throughout the MOC. I really appreciate the slopes used in the cliff. I have tried this myself several times (with less than stunning results) so when I see one done this well, I appreciate the craft put into it. Lots and lots of cool details like the huge spiral stair seen from the back.

The new MOC sounds very interesting. The only thing better than a great MOC is the germ of an idea for the next one! It's a great achievement, congrats.

TBK
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Barbrickian
Freeman

Post by Barbrickian »

Wow! Great work. I love the fountains of blood, and the giant pentagram tilework. The use of the tauntaun is clever.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Like many who have already commented, horror isn't my thing. But your creation was outstanding. Tons of really well-done detail. I do agree with Blueandwhite about a focal point, but its a minor nitpick. This is a very good MOC. Better focal point would have made it great. I was going to post this on TBB but Nannan beat me to it...darn him! :D

Oh, the first LEGO pentagram I ever saw was in Jens' Orcs vs. Snake Knights battle for the 1st Battles Contest.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
einsteinonthebeach
Peasant

Post by einsteinonthebeach »

Josh,

Thanks for the kind words. That other battle/pentagram scene by Jens is quite disturbing...I love it! :D

MLB