September comes around again, and the leaves begin fall. I take a walk in the brisk morning air, enjoying the colours, sounds, and feel. And then suddenly I make a loud exclamation and run back inside because I totally forgot about getting the ball rolling for the... The Mini Castle Contest V Create a smaller than minifig scale castle MOC.
Check out the last 4 if you want a bit more information on the subject: MCC I
, MCC II
, MCC III
, MCC IV
For the best place online to find mini MOC inspiration and examples, check out Bruce's (and I am a poster there) Microbricks
1. The creation must be castle based. By this I mean pretty much anything that was around in medieval times.
2. The creation can be Ninja and/or Ancient times and/or Viking.
3. The creation's base size cannot exceed 32x32 studs.
4. There is no piece or height restriction.
5. You may use customized pieces, but not pieces from any clone brands.
6. You may enter as many entries as you want, but try to go for quality as opposed to quantity.
7. You may enter creations built and posted online before this contest, but they must have been built within the last 12 months.
8. You may not enter creations entered in any other contest, past, present or future.Categories NEW!:Misc.
There are two distinct categories this year. The first is the miscellaneous category. You build a mini creation that doesn't fit within the other category's specifics, enter it into this one. The miscellaneous category also has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes.Miniature Set
The other category is official sets in miniature. Build any official castle set (and I'll let ninja and Viking sets in as well) in a smaller scale. You don't have to build absolutely everything in the set. For example, if you were to make a miniature version of Medieval Market Village (and people have) you wouldn't have to make the chickens, the cart, or the vegetable stand, just whatever you can make so that its recognizable.Deadline:
The deadline for entries is midnight (CC server time), October 31st. This contest ends just as the CCC VII starts. Prizes:
Misc. Category 1st: 7979 LEGO® Castle Advent Calendar
Generously donated by CC user wobnam.
Misc. Category 2nd: Five of these
figures with shields and gray swords. Donated by CC user Bluesecrets.
Misc. Category 3rd: Three forestmen figures. Exact specifications to be posted later.
Miniature Set: 6028 Treasure GuardJudging:
The judges will consist of a three person panel. Me, myself and I.Pictures:
You may submit as many pictures for your entry as you want. But please, keep them under 1024x768 pixels. And if you post a picture in this thread, please keep them under 400x300. You may submit entries by replying to this thread.
So....best of luck ya'll. If you have any questions please post them, I will try to get them as quickly as possible.
I build, therefore I am.
Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.