32x32 challenge "Forest Outpost"

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Busboy489
Groom Extraordinary of the Chamber

Re: 32x32 challenge "Forest Outpost"

Post by Busboy489 »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:I have a question for you. The window. Seeing the way you used 2x2 tiles, I was wondering how you attached it. Is it just hanging off a jumper plate with the stud connected to the hole in that 1x2 technic brick or did you manage to hide a more complicated mechanism behind the window?
I substituted a tile for a 2x2 plate and attached the back of the brown window frame to that. hope that's a clear enough explanation! :)
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

really cool tower! if I had tried this it would have broken a million times and i would have given up after swearing a bunch. :roflol: does it have to use the 1x2 rail pieces or do regular 1x2 plates work?
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

wow, I am in love on the first look :)
very nice ;)
Brian Corredor
Serf

Post by Brian Corredor »

So my first reaction was "Those poor bricks! Such a tight arch and all that stress!" But then the fog of emotion cleared...This is an exceptional creation, really great, and I love the results of this technique. Thanks for sharing!!!