Maerimydra

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
pijani
Artisan

Maerimydra

Post by pijani »

Maerimydra a is a dark elves city ("Drow"), located in the Underdark.
This is an abandoned Drow city, looted by adventures bands, druegars and lonely fire giants. Like most of Drow cities, this one was always fighting, sometimes with other cities, other times within itself.
Finally, it was attacked by demon, conquered, and Drow were enslaved. It was occupied with demon's fire giants, then abandoned. Now, it's just another ruin in Underdark
You can find all of pictures [http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=450654]here (link)[/url]
There is also a construction section

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:
Ust Natha
Chaulssin
Ched Nasad
Eryndlyn
Tastymuffins
Geoffrey of Monmouth

Re: Maerimydra

Post by Tastymuffins »

This is pretty cool! Really interesting colors!
eilonwy77
Archer

Post by eilonwy77 »

Spooky. The colors really give it a dark feel to it. I have a question: are the colors the actual colors of that Drow City, or did you just pick them? I followed the link to the Wiki article, but it didn't seem to have any pictures. This is from a video game, right? 8)
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

eilonwy77 wrote:Spooky. The colors really give it a dark feel to it. I have a question: are the colors the actual colors of that Drow City, or did you just pick them? I followed the link to the Wiki article, but it didn't seem to have any pictures. This is from a video game, right? 8)
here are some pictures, but they have nothing in common with my castles, I used imagination. the majority of my bricks (90%) are black and red (I had one opportunity to buy a lot, from all the colors, but I had money only for two colors, so I picked the most logical - most of arches and slopes I had were red or black:)

So I started building and my girlfriend asked "why are you building such a sad castles? They look depressing... and, kind of evil!" So I've started thinking, If I am to build something, what could it be? And I've remembered Drow, as marginal characters from my old book, but nobody read the book, so I used Baldur's Gate (game) for inspiration and Forgotten realms presentation of a Drow (the cities are all from their world). I've enjoyed so much building first moc, the Ust Natha, that I've decided to keep building in that direction. I thought that I've explored all of characters in that moc, and I was pretty afraid that I can not think of anything new, but Lego is such a wonderful toy, you can play for hundreds of years, and you will again find that you can rearrange them in something new and interesting. All of other Drow cities came as conclusion of this, with the last Ched Nasad, that will, hopefully, as entrance for CCCC 8, change my "bag of hot air" under the nick unto something more Drow :)

there :)
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

This is awesome! Love it!
Legoorci
Apprentice

Post by Legoorci »

Great in both meanings !
The only thing I'd change is to cover the green bottom !
You can see my MoCs on [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoorci/]my Flickr Account[/url] and you can see them also on [url=http://legoorci.wordpress.com/]my Blog[/url] where you also can read the stories behind the MoCs...but in german.