Medieval City

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
pijani
Artisan

Re: Medieval City

Post by pijani »

beautifull :) I love the tower endings (part that I've always had problems with)
It looks so realistic!
Vulture
Serf

Post by Vulture »

That thing is tremendous in size. Very inspiring to see a castle that large with so much detail... Keep up the good work! I loved everything about it. Wait were both named Daniel we should definately get all the Daniel's to build a super huge castle layout together and name it Daniel's Castle lol.. :lol:

Dan
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Post by Throndor »

This is great... So much detail. I really like the wooden hoardings on top of the towers, it's something I haven't seen much of before this. Great job.
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

DNL, there's very little I can say about your MOCs. They are just that good!

I quite like the shape of your city and the surrounding landscape. Your work continues to amaze me (and obviously many others) as you constantly push our ideas of just what a LEGO castle can look like. My only criticism has nothing to do with the castle but rather with the two buildings that flank the castle walls. Both of these cottages look too large against the castle's exterior walls and make the castle look out-of-scale. While I love the general landscaping, I think that the overall MOC would be better served if the cottages were located against the rock face rather than being so close to the lower walls. The one cottage in particular really shrinks the city simply by resting right next to the entrance. It really makes this giant city look quite small.

That one small criticism aside, keep up the amazing work. You really are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Stonir
Villein

Post by Stonir »

I like it! :) Beaultiful! :D
elondisc
Laborer

Post by elondisc »

this is nuts, i love it! i wish i had 1/100th of those bricks
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

:shock: My brain is about to implode due to the amazing level of detail. this has everything I like about cathedrals except it's a castle which makes it even better!

-T.R.
ps. Yep there goes my brain.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
peggyjdb
Royal Chronicler

Post by peggyjdb »

Fantastic build, full of so much detail.
Siercon and Coral
Laborer

Post by Siercon and Coral »

Absolutely beautiful, love the detail and the shape of the design in general :)