Asking about CCC Results

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Kayne_
Laborer

Re: Asking about CCC Results

Post by Kayne_ »

I apologize for starting this last night! I was just trying to get a laugh, but I totally understand the time constraints of real life! I am also married with 4 kids under the age of 10, so this is very understandable. I really do appreciate that you guys put this contest on, as it is a ton of fun for all of us. I also appreciate the fact that you all take the time to put in quality thought on all of the entries, as that is a mammoth load to take on.

And really, waiting a few more weeks or whatever it ends up being is really not that big of a deal. Especially since it appears that there a ton of great entries this year!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Hey, I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to be unruly or offensive. :oops: I'm just very excited because this is my first ever LEGO contest.
I really appreciate this site, and this contest has been a blast! Thanks again to all who helped. :)
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

I must also sit down and apologize for my misunderstood (though understandably so) comments above. :oops: It seems my foot is in my mouth quite often around here... :wink:
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

Thank you for being patient.

And we get that joking's fun and all, but these are the interwebz. There are no girlz at all on the interwebz, and is srs business.

But we see through the joking. ;) Which is why this post goes up every year. Though, typically I'm replying to pre-existing threads. This year I went for proactive. :)
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Lolino
Blind Harry

Post by Lolino »

Guys, read with understanding. "Contest winners should be announced by Tuesday January 31st, 2012. " Not have to be. Its very big difference.
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Lolino wrote:Guys, read with understanding. "Contest winners should be announced by Tuesday January 31st, 2012. " Not have to be. Its very big difference.
Considering the fact that Brickshelf has not been available for more than a week now, I have a feeling it will be a while before the results are announced (take your time judges). I wonder what happens if it does not come back online soon. This is not a complaint (well, maybe one towards brickshelf), just an observation to let people know to settle in. :D
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

shmails wrote:I wonder what happens if it does not come back online soon.
It's back now, but I would expect that it being down for a while caused quite a delay in the judging process, can't judge pictures you can't see.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Memsochet
Laborer

Post by Memsochet »

Aliencat wrote:...can't judge pictures you can't see.
I don't know that that is exactly true. I mean, they saw them before the site went down, so they should have a good idea of what they were supposed to look like. Then it's just up the judges imagination. And isn't justice supposed to be blind anyways? So if she can judge without seeing what she's judging, then I'm sure our glorious Admins can as well.
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Memsochet wrote:
I don't know that that is exactly true. I mean, they saw them before the site went down, so they should have a good idea of what they were supposed to look like. Then it's just up the judges imagination. And isn't justice supposed to be blind anyways? So if she can judge without seeing what she's judging, then I'm sure our glorious Admins can as well.
Interesting logic. So without even seeing the creation I am working on now, how would you rate it? :wink:
Kayne_
Laborer

Post by Kayne_ »

Based on your past performance, I would say...."great composition, interesting techniques, and I love it!"
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
Karrde
Bailiff

Post by Karrde »

Memsochet wrote:
I don't know that that is exactly true.
Let me clear that up for you, it is.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Memsochet wrote:
[cough] All the judges are male....[/cough]

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
eilonwy77
Archer

Post by eilonwy77 »

Elephant Knight wrote:
Memsochet wrote:
[cough] All the judges are male....[/cough]

EKnight
I think he was referring to Justice being female, not the admins. ;-)
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Meh, let all hẹll be unleashed starting with the Megablocks... When are the CCC results going to be announced? :)
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Post by Throndor »

Sir Nelson wrote: When are the CCC results going to be announced? :)
BOOM Unfortunately, you just exploded.
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.