Army Size

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
brian
Freeman

Army Size

Post by brian »

My largest standing army is my Black Falcon Army. I have 70 infantry followed by 15 fully armored calvalry. Along with 10 other Falcons that serve as kings and lieutenants. My next biggest is my Crusader army that is slightly overwhelmed with 20 infantry and 12 fully armored calvary. I am currently building an army of the undead but I have to admit that I also have used megabloks to create an orc army using their Vorgan Figures. Sorry Lego, but you seem to be happy with letting megabloks take over the castle market.
I have loved castle since the 80's and really wish that the sets today had half of the quality of the sets back then. Using raised baseplates to make a castle seem taller is crap. Just build them the way you used to: with bricks! Anyway I just had to vent a little. Go Black Falcons- death to all others.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks for sharing. Your right, its like Lego doesn't care. But :roll: lets wait till 2004. Everyone is saying good things about the Vogans, maybe I'll buy a few.

Also you diplomatic policies aren't very wise. Such a weak faction like the Black Falcons should not stand in the way of the Dragon Masters, the cousins of the Black Knights, whom fought fiercly in battle with your kind.

All Hail Majisto!Hail! Hail! Huzzah!

The Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Army Size

Post by footsteps »

brian wrote:I am currently building an army of the undead but I have to admit that I also have used megabloks to create an orc army using their Vorgan Figures. Sorry Lego, but you seem to be happy with letting megabloks take over the castle market.
I've been hearing a lot about these Vorgans. Any comparitive photos of MB and Lego figs? I'm really curious.

Alan
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

As bad as Lego may be getting, I would never defile my hands with such scum that they name "megabocks" :)

That souds like a good army there. Mine is rather pitiful. 7 Black Falcons (with 3 knights), seven Crusaders/lion knights (with no calvary to speak of), and three almost forgotton Dragon Masters (Hail the Dragon Master! Lord of the Lego Universe! :D )
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

wish i had more dragon masters

they didnt have great garb though. those helmets generally dont look right with plate armor, and you cant have all your infantry be pikemen. still would like more.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The Dragon Masters in my collection have had their helmets substituted with Dark Grey Shogun helmets and dark gray helmets w/ neck protector. I use them as dragon slayers and those helmets work nicely with the somewhat comical Dragon Master torsos. I have about 40 of them. I also use the Black Monarchs shields with them as the yellow and green never appealed to me. Some of my factions are much bigger than this and one or two others are them same or smaller.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm glad to see the love of my favorite faction. Although on behalf of his excellency, Majisto IV, I must tell you that he is rather displeased, Dragons are friends, not to be slain.

DM

No, run Drakeo, run!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Why doesn't Lego just make blue dragons?

Anyway.... my armies are for the "Ancient Theme", not sure if they would count as Castle. But I do use lots of Castle figs to create the ancient armies.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Magnus
Artisan

armies

Post by Magnus »

I thinkk my largest army is also the Black Falcons, with over 100 men. Not all of them have the BF torso though, many have the printed scale mail or breastplate on a blue torso, and my peasant archers have a blank blue torso. This is a good way to beef up an army in my opinion, and it looks more realistic too.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

My Army

~:mrgreen: Forces of Good :)~
about 30, which include:
Soldiers of Yub-Yubia
Crusaders
375 Knights

~:evil: Forces of EVIL! :twisted: ~
about 22, which include
Black Falcons
Dragon Masters
Orcs
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Most of my armies tend to approach 100 and then stop. Generally, I need somewhere around 60-100 figs to make an army for gaming (depending on troop types and how many starting points to alot). However, with the use of generic unlivered figures (classic scale, various Fright Knights, new Leo Scale or Leo Breastplate, etc.) it doesn't have to be that many. My total number of Castle figures is probably edging up to 1000 if one counts Samurai/Ninja (Ninja get rearmed as Ashigari).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I have a few soldiers....

This is less than half of the total, the rest have no baseplate to stand on or are incomplete minifgs and the remaining cavalry men have no saddles or are also incomplete minifigs.
Last edited by JPinoy on Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:(Hail the Dragon Master! Lord of the Lego Universe! :D )
Dude, that's MY title!! :?

Death to lemon_squeezer2! Your puny force will be trampled by the League of Forestmen!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Now, I'm not into army building so I don't regularly count my men. The only faction that I counted are (you probably guessed it) the Black Falcons. And I only count the boys with the Black Falcon emblem on their breast. Besides the 22 (+4) men you need for all of the sets containing any Black Falcons I have about 200 of them. (After the pic was taken some more arrived so it's not up-to-date.)

Of course I make a sharp distinction between old style Black Falcons and new style Black Falcons. The ~200 are old style:

Old style:

New style (Pointier emblem. They are the (+4) in the paragraph above, from the re-released Black Falcon Fortress):

The other factions I don't count. However, I have got way less Castle figs than many army builders. I didn't even "collect" Black Falcon figures. They just came along, whenever I got a set with them. And since 6074 and 6030 are such great sets with so useful parts... :-)

Bye
Jojo

Arwen
Villein

Post by Arwen »

I know this is a "little" late but I just joined. I have about 200+ People in all of my LEGO armies. Elves, Dwarves, Human and The Burning Legion which has Undead, goblins, and orcs!