LCC-LC6 Outlaws- BarFight- The Competition

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

LCC-LC6 Outlaws- BarFight- The Competition

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

This is for the Outlaw's Local Challenge 6 - BarFight Challenge for The Lands Of Classic Castle. For More information go here - viewtopic.php?p=246022#p246022

The Competition-

From Left to Right

Lokir the Jokester Agi: 4 Str: 1 Def:1

Gorm The Small Agi: 3 Str: 1 Def: 2

Olaf the Brute Agi : 1 Str: 3 Def: 2

As always, I'm a little bit more active on my Flickr account, so if you want to get a hold of me...
Last edited by ZacharyIslazy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: LCC-LC6 Outlaws- BarFight- The Competition

Post by AK_Brickster »

I find it interesting that you are all posting your character's stats instead of privately PM-in them in. Revealing your stats to the competition seems like bad strategy. Maybe it isn't significant though. :P

Interesting figs. :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
DarkTemplar
Leonardo

Post by DarkTemplar »

Great Entry - digging the Jester. Kinda reminds me of Cicero from Skyrim :p
AK_Brickster wrote:I find it interesting that you are all posting your character's stats instead of privately PM-in them in. Revealing your stats to the competition seems like bad strategy. Maybe it isn't significant though. :P
Pretty sure that at the end of the day it won't make a huge difference unless everyone makes the exact same characters. As you get three entries, most participants will probably make 3 completely different ones to see how it goes; its also a random match up anyway so it's going to be hard to find specific advantages. If someone can arrange them to gain an advantage over everyone's characters I'd say power to them :).
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

AK_Brickster wrote:I find it interesting that you are all posting your character's stats instead of privately PM-in them in. Revealing your stats to the competition seems like bad strategy. Maybe it isn't significant though. :P

Interesting figs. :)
Thanks AK! Posting the stats won't really matter because I've put in the time and effort to come up with the best stat distribution. It's *rainbows and explosions* SCIENCE!
DarkTemplar wrote:Great Entry - digging the Jester. Kinda reminds me of Cicero from Skyrim :p

Thanks Templar. I caught your Black-Briar reference too. I haven't actually joined the Dark Brotherhood, but I have done that side quest where you help Cicero and "mother" after their wagon wheel breaks. The Dark BrotherHood is next on my list of guilds. I've done The Champions Guild (Yeah Werewolves! Also when Dawnguard comes out for PS3 I know what side I'm joining :twisted: ) I've done all of the Thieves guild, I just have to do the reclaim Skyrim quests so I can become Guild Master, and I'm half way through The Mage's Guild. I'm leaving The Civil War quests last because I hear that some people might die that you need later in the game :p

Wow, I truly have no social life.

krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

Those reeds were a nice touch.
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

On the topic of "Character Stats," I would like to make the suggestion--and not just for ZacharyIslazy, but for all the LCCers--that you make a distinction between posting a MOC in the MOCs Forum and posting on the LCC threads in the Stories forum. The Classic-Castle staff is glad to see activity in the MOCs forum and we certainly don't want to discourage either creating or posting new castle creations...

BUT

It takes all of an extra 30 seconds longer to write a new post for the MOCs forum rather than copying whatever you write for the LCC threads. Bear in mind that the MOCs Forum is intended to showcase the MOCs themselves. This doesn't mean you can't give us the context to understand what is going on--that usually helps the viewer appreciate your MOC--but when things get lengthy or when they get LCC technical, sometimes it's better to link to things rather than include them completely.

So, before you repost something in the MOCs Forum that you've already put in an LCC thread (or that you're about to put there), ask yourself a couple things about the post:

1.) Does the text in my post make sense to any reader or just to an LCC reader?

2.) Could I link to this instead?

As I said before, we're glad to see you building and we also enjoy seeing what you've built--but not all the LCC-specific information is going to make the general reader more interesting in your LEGO building.

~Formendacil - Moderator
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

krzyzak wrote:Those reeds were a nice touch.
Thank you :) I can't wait to see your fighters!
Formendacil wrote:On the topic of "Character Stats," I would like to make the suggestion--and not just for ZacharyIslazy, but for all the LCCers--that you make a distinction between posting a MOC in the MOCs Forum and posting on the LCC threads in the Stories forum. The Classic-Castle staff is glad to see activity in the MOCs forum and we certainly don't want to discourage either creating or posting new castle creations...

BUT

It takes all of an extra 30 seconds longer to write a new post for the MOCs forum rather than copying whatever you write for the LCC threads. Bear in mind that the MOCs Forum is intended to showcase the MOCs themselves. This doesn't mean you can't give us the context to understand what is going on--that usually helps the viewer appreciate your MOC--but when things get lengthy or when they get LCC technical, sometimes it's better to link to things rather than include them completely.

So, before you repost something in the MOCs Forum that you've already put in an LCC thread (or that you're about to put there), ask yourself a couple things about the post:

1.) Does the text in my post make sense to any reader or just to an LCC reader?

2.) Could I link to this instead?

As I said before, we're glad to see you building and we also enjoy seeing what you've built--but not all the LCC-specific information is going to make the general reader more interesting in your LEGO building.

~Formendacil - Moderator
Ok, yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

So now I've edited my post. Is that what you meant? If so, I'll be sure to actually include some context in my posts! :)

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

ZacharyIslazy wrote:Ok, yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

So now I've edited my post. Is that what you meant? If so, I'll be sure to actually include some context in my posts! :)
This:
ZacharyIslazy wrote:This is for the Outlaw's Local Challenge 6 - BarFight Challenge for The Lands Of Classic Castle. For More information go here - viewtopic.php?p=246022#p246022
...is definitely more along the lines of what I was thinking. It tells the general (non-LCC) reader that there is a contest, that this is an entry, and where they can go to find more information.

This:
ZacharyIslazy wrote:The Competition-

From Left to Right

Lokir the Jokester Agi: 4 Str: 1 Def:1

Gorm The Small Agi: 3 Str: 1 Def: 2

Olaf the Brute Agi : 1 Str: 3 Def: 2

As always, I'm a little bit more active on my Flickr account, so if you want to get a hold of me...
...is probably not strictly necessary here in the MOCs forum, since it's directly related to the LCC contest. Since it's only a few lines, it's not really a problem, but it would be good to keep it in mind for future posts where there might be a temptation to crosspost a much longer section of LCC-relevant text.

Thanks for being so promptly cooperative.

~Formendacil - Moderator
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

Formendacil wrote: Thanks for being so promptly cooperative.

~Formendacil - Moderator
You're welcome. From now on, I'll be sure to keep in mind what you've said when I post something.