LCC Loreos, A Battle on the Border

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

LCC Loreos, A Battle on the Border

Post by Mark of Falworth »

The southern border of Loreos is a turbulent place, Outlaws swarm out of the swamps bent upon the destruction of the all the civilized nations.
But the Loreesi are just as bent on stopping them, using their fast and powerful cavalry to strike hard and swiftly, few outlaw bands pass over the border unscathed.

For the Glory of Loreos!!!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Re: LCC Loreos, A Battle on the Border

Post by friskywhiskers »

Great scene, Mark! Your photos always seem to come out brighter then mine, do you take them outside?
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

friskywhiskers wrote:Great scene, Mark! Your photos always seem to come out brighter then mine, do you take them outside?
Yes, I take my pictures outside, and I often brighten them with photoshop, plus I use a relatively high quality camera. All of these combined make pretty good photos. ;)
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Mark of Falworth wrote:
friskywhiskers wrote:Great scene, Mark! Your photos always seem to come out brighter then mine, do you take them outside?
Yes, I take my pictures outside, and I often brighten them with photoshop, plus I use a relatively high quality camera. All of these combined make pretty good photos. ;)
Maybe I should invest in a better camera... would you recommend a certain model? :)
Sir Tharkin
Laborer

Post by Sir Tharkin »

Nice trees! :) How did you get all of those bardings?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I always laugh when people ask "how did you get so many of _____?"

Umm... I bought / traded for them. How else does one acquire Lego?? :P
(If you don't know about Bricklink, you need to get familiar with it. It is a great resource once you get to the point where you need specific parts or large quantities of something.)

Also, if you want good pictures, one of those little tripods can really help a lot too. My iPhone 4GS actually takes better pictures than my 12 megapixel camera, half the time. I think photographing Lego is one of the trickier parts of being a good MOC'er. It takes a lot of resources to take good pictures, often beyond what most TFOLs can afford on a tight budget. (lightbox, lighting, camera, tripod)
Lastly, plan on spending some time in a photo editing program. Most of the "top tier" guys never post anything without spending some time cropping, adjusting, and tweaking in a photoshop-type program (I use GIMP - it's free!) to get their pictures to turn out just right.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!