LCC - Heroes Guild - M1 - Presenting to Jhirian Eindrik

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
gurusql
Foot Soldier

LCC - Heroes Guild - M1 - Presenting to Jhirian Eindrik

Post by gurusql »

The next day, Kroth and his squire Lanseril visited Jhirian Eindrik – the leader of Garheim. Kroth entered into the great hall in the city of Mikithdar. A few of Jhirian’s men carried the head of great serpent into the hall and then exited the room. For several moments, the only living creatures in the room were Kroth and Landseril. In that time, Kroth had a few long moments to take in the throne room. The lighting of the room was mostly provided by six torches placed around the room, but he imagined that later in the day the sun would shine brightly through the large blue windows that took up much of the back wall. In front of the windows, was a raised platform containing Jhirian’s throne. The floor was a mix of blue and white marble. Kroth remembered hearing that the path leading up to the throne from each entrance was a symbol of the path through the wilderness that Jhirian had forged and the two large triangles represented the strength of the Garhiem to resist against all that would oppose them. The side walls and ceiling were decorated with white marble and gold leaf highlighting the blue chalcedony stones that were placed with shields of the realm.

After a few long minutes, the door on the right side of the hall opened and in marched Jhirian, flanked by two guards and bringing up the rear was a fool. The two guards took up a position in front of the raised platform and Jhirian climbed the steps to his throne. The fool ran over to the serpent, opened the giant mouth and stuck in his head like he was a great toy. Kroth and Lanseril lowered to one knee to show respect, but there were sure to not lower their head as he was well known to openly mock anyone that did so.

Kroth presented Jhirian the head of the great serpent and the possible sword of King Karlamac. Kroth promised to be sure that the traditional 20% tax would be paid on the treasure that had been found. Jhirian then asked what was to be done about the destruction of Havenhill. Kroth shared the plans that he had already put into place. After hearing the plans Jhirian, came down the first two steps, took the sword and placing the sword on each of Kroth’s shoulders. He then said that Kroth would now be known as Sir Kroth Stonegrinder and would have the responsibility of rebuilding Havenhill as well as being the Lord of that area. In order to help him along, Jhirian would use his tax to help this effort as well as send architects, miners and builders form the city to help in the rebuilding efforts.

Made for the Heroes Guild - Master Challenge 1 at LCC

More photos can be found on Flickr.

Any comments, suggestions and/or criticism are welcome. :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
L_space
Peasant

Re: LCC - Heroes Guild - M1 - Presenting to Jhirian Eindrik

Post by L_space »

I like the whole set up.
It might improve if you change the colors of the serpent to a traditional green and put it at a slight angle.
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Very nice incorporation of those large trans blue pieces! The gold and white columns add a nice royal feel too :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Great build and great story to go with it.

One thing I think I would change on second look is that the floor is very high-contrast between the blue and the white. Since your dragon head is white (as it had to be to tie in with your previous story), I maybe would have done the floor in a stone color instead so that the dragon head stood out more.

Overall though, tons of great details and I can really see your building style improving. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Andared of Lenfald
Foot Soldier

Post by Andared of Lenfald »

Totally agree with what AK_Brickster said above. Another thing that adding stone might improve would be the lighting. Since the build contains a lot of white, it reflects more light and adds an unpleasant glare to the photo. Swapping the white tiles for grey tiles would also help to reduce this.

Nice detailing on the side walls!