CCCX-A Farmer's Life

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

CCCX-A Farmer's Life

Post by Eklund »

This is a medieval peasant family’s home next to two beautiful waterfalls.

I wasn’t really thrilled with how this turned out, there are definitely some good parts, but some that also need improvement. I had to finally take pictures, because I was spending too long on this anyways, and it wasn't getting better. Criticism is appreciated.

You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Re: CCCX-A Farmer's Life

Post by friskywhiskers »

Everything here is fantastic except the rock/waterfall thingy. I think you would have been much better off just doing that house with a large tree as a backdrop as opposed to the somewhat tack waterfall that you did. Basic;y what I am saying is "keep it simple." That rock formation is definitely not simple, and as a result, it sort of takes away from the quaintness this MOC could have had. I'd love to see you do a second, simpler entry. :)
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

friskywhiskers wrote:Everything here is fantastic except the rock/waterfall thingy. I think you would have been much better off just doing that house with a large tree as a backdrop as opposed to the somewhat tack waterfall that you did. Basic;y what I am saying is "keep it simple." That rock formation is definitely not simple, and as a result, it sort of takes away from the quaintness this MOC could have had. I'd love to see you do a second, simpler entry. :)
Yep, I think you nailed the problem. We will see about another entry for the same category though, because there are a lot of categories. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.
ImageImage
My Flickr
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Glad I could help!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I think it could greatly be benefited by having some foliage in a different shade of green.

I love your trademark birds, and the hand cart is really well done. Sometimes those small things are the hardest to do, and you've done them well :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Thanks AK, I think you have a good point there, some sort of dark green tree would have been a great addition. I appreciate you noting the handcart, I usually spend quite a bit of time on small wooden details like that.
ImageImage
My Flickr