Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Rewards and Regrets, LC8 Entry

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Rewards and Regrets, LC8 Entry

Postby Caelan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Here is my entry for Lenfald's LC8: Rewards and Regrets
Upon his return from the war, Sir Caelan Munro is summoned to see Duke Cartney of Durrough. Click here to the read story!.
Last edited by Caelan on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caelan
Aquarian

Re: Rewards and Regrets

Postby LettuceBrick » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:17 am

Very nice work. The wall hangings and carpet are great!
Image Image Image
LettuceBrick
Bailiff

Re: Rewards and Regrets, LC8 Entry

Postby soccerkid6 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 am

Wonderful interior! As others said on Flickr you did a tremendous job incorporating bright colors, yet making them fit. Lovely fire effect, is there a light brick in there?
I don't really get a sense of Caelan returning from war though, maybe you wanted to give someone else a chance to win this LC :raiseone:
Last edited by soccerkid6 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
My website: http://brickbuilt.org Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/
soccerkid6
Knight

Postby athronieth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Love that fireplace. Excellent use of the tan bricks. It reminds me very much of the fireplace in the last house I lived in.
athronieth
Laborer

Postby Justin M » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Simply beautiful. This is an amazing interior build. Well done! :)
Flickr Mocpages Brickshelf
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
Justin M
Sheriff

Postby friskywhiskers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Very Nice MOC, but I'm afraid soccerkid has a point here. The challenge was to show emotion in a MOC not a story. :)
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Re: Rewards and Regrets

Postby Caelan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

LettuceBrick wrote:Very nice work. The wall hangings and carpet are great!
Thanks LB! Headlight bricks rock.
soccerkid6 wrote:Wonderful interior! As others said on Flickr you did a tremendous job incorporating bright colors, yet making them fit. Lovely fire effect, is there a light brick in there? I don't really get a sense of Caelan returning from war though, maybe you wanted to give someone else a chance to win this LC :raiseone:

Thank you. Yes, there is a light brick in back. No, I didn't "throw" the LC, but I won't be heartbroken if not chosen. Caelan is returning as he has not yet actually gone back to his home, having been summoned while enroute. My main goal was to build an interior scene after so many outdoor MOCs.
athronieth wrote:Love that fireplace. Excellent use of the tan bricks. It reminds me very much of the fireplace in the last house I lived in.
Justin M wrote:Simply beautiful. This is an amazing interior build. Well done! :)
Thanks Athronieth and Justin! I can't believe how many nugat masonry bricks that fireplace ate up though!
friskywhiskers wrote:Very Nice MOC, but I'm afraid soccerkid has a point here. The challenge was to show emotion in a MOC not a story. :)
Hmmm, I tried to show some emotion in the MOC but it didn't come through as I thought. :? I definitely wanted to create an interior scene this time, so that ruled out a number of things right off the bat. I'm happy with the way the MOC turned out though; I'm going to keep this one as it's small.
Caelan
Aquarian

Postby Bruce N H » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Very cool. I love the different ways you varied up the texture and color, with the rug, the two different colors of brick bricks, the window. Sometimes people throw too much in and it looks overly busy, but here it works. I think it might be because the 'action' in the scene is very simple. I think if you tried to have this much background detail in a scene with a lot of figs in action poses it would be overwhelming.

Bruce
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Return to Castle MOCs