Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

LCC Loreos- Under the Cover of Darkness

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

Hey guys here is my second free build for June:

LCC Loreos: Under the Cover of Darkness

Backstory:

The the rays of the morning sun were just beginning to peek through the trees of the Lenfald forest as Tathann headed out towards the fortress of Arowgoth. Tathann was clothed in the attire of a Lenfel scout and carried nothing a sharp Mor-Reni sword. The journey through the treacherous forests would be a dangerous one, but Tathann knew that if he was going to free Festus he must proceed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After traveling across rivers and through thick forests for days, Tathann finally reached a large stone wall, which seemed to stretch for miles.

"This must be one of the walls of the fortress of Arowgoth," Tathann thought to himself, "but I can't scale it in broad daylight. I'll wait behind that large boulder until nightfall, and attempt to scale in under the cover of darkness!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As nightfall began to set in Tathann creeped out from behind the rocks.

"It's time!" he muttered to himself again as he began to slowly make his was toward the fortress wall.

Gripping his sword in one hand he leapt with all his might and clutched on to a tuft of vines and ivy that had grown on the rocky surface of the wall.

Inch by inch he carefully and swiftly ascended up the wall cutting away the vines below him as he went higher, so that no one could follow him. As he crept over the wall his eyes beheld a horrible sight. Below the wall, surrounding the main gatehouse to the fortress stood legions upon legions of Lenfeld guards.

"How an I ever going to get inside?" Tathann muttered to himself. But just them something caught his eye. Located just about a story below him stood a terrace with wooden door
under a low archway. Tathann quickly looked around for something to use to swing across to the other side. Lying in a corner next to some crates was a coil of rope. Tathann silently picked it up, and lassoing it above his head he threw it towards one of the statues on the terace balcony. It missed! Quickly he pulled it up and tried again, it once again fell short of its mark. Frustratedly Tathann pulled it back up, whirled it around his head and launched it into the night sky with all his might. This time the rope looped around the statue!

"Third time is always the charm." Tathann muttered to himself as he pulled the rope taught and then secured the other end of the rope to a large wooden crate near him.

With catlike reflexes Tathann shimmied his way across the rope and onto the lattice balcony. He then took out a sharp elven dagger that Delronn had given him and carefully cut the rope.
The wooden door slowly creaked open as Tathann entered a cool, dimly lit room.

Across from where he was standing he could see another wooden door leading out of the room. He quietly made his way across the room and slowly unlatched the door. Outside Tathann could now see that he was in a long corridor. As he glanced arround he saw two guards dragging a Loressi soldier into another room further down the hallway. As the guards closed the door, Tathann saw a third guard, higher ranking guard, emerge from some opening, and position himself in front of the door After a few on minutes one of the guards returned holding a letter. As the two guards began talking Tathann cautiously inched closer to hear what they were saying.

"Captain", the one guard began to say to the other more higher ranking guard, "I have just received a letter from Lord Korshinn, he wants us to bring the Loreesi commander they call Festus to him for questioning tomorrow at dawn."

"Is that so soldierr? the captain asked, "Then tell his lordship that his orders will be carried out. We will show those mighty hosts of the desert that we are not to be trifled with. Tommorrow, we shall have one less Loreesi to deal with!"

"Yes captain!" the soldier answered as he headed back down the hall.

As the captain started to turn away Tathann slowly drew out his sword and began move closer toards the prison door, but then he heard an alarm in the distance that made his heart skip a beat.

"Captain, someone has breeched the fortress wall!"

As the captain turned, his eyes met Tathann's, and in that moment Tathann knew that this might be his last battle!

Comments and feedback greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

~RBC
Last edited by royalbrickcustoms on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
Justin M
Sheriff

Re: LCC Loreos: Under the Cover of Darkness

Post by Justin M »

Outstanding story! :)
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/86369329 ... 2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/112482494@N07/]Flickr[/url] [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/79686]Mocpages[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jbob]Brickshelf[/url]
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Re: LCC Loreos: Under the Cover of Darkness

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

Justin M wrote:Outstanding story! :)
Thanks Justin! :)
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]