Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

William Navarre's Story. LCC MOCS.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

William Navarre's Story. LCC MOCS.

Postby josdu » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 pm

This is for the rest of William Navarre's story:
Flickr

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Re: William Navarre's Story. LCC MOCS.

Postby josdu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 am

See The Coronation for what happened between this and the previous part of William Navarre's story's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Swamp.

Joshua Navarre was shocked at the turn of events. William had gone to the banquet in disguise and gotten captured which disrupted their plans entirely. Well, Joshua was not going to let his brother be a captive but how was he supposed to help him out of a island fortress when in all likelihood he would not be able to even get to the island unseen? As he wandered through the swamp he thought about the ways Navarre could escape. At the other side of the swamp someone else was in meditation too and soon the two saw each other. "Why Gavin of Lockwood, what are you doing? Have you heard the news?" asked Joshua. "Oh yes astonishing news! Who would have thought that the queen was evil?" Gavin replied, "but perhaps you can give me more information?" "Yes, everyone attending the banquet is a prisoner and action against the new queen will result in their torture!" "Even the three leaders?" "Yes, and Navarre as well, so perhaps we could devise a plan to help him escape?" "Where are they prisoners?" "Ah! That is a difficulty!" answered Joshua, "they are kept in the castle on the kings isle which nearly impregnable against attack and I think escape will prove to be very difficult!" They talked on for some time until they reached the edge of the swamp where they separated planning to gather information and think of ways to help Navarre escape and then meet nearer to the kings isle.
Prelude to the GCV. BTW sorry about the double post :? .
C&C welcome :D .
Flickr

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Postby Aeridian » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 am

Pretty cool. :)
If you want to make use of the first post you could just move the story up and continue with the second one. :wink:
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
Flickr
Aeridian
Councilor

Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Postby josdu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks! Yes I had thought of that but will an edit be noticeable on the forum?
Also:
Into the Castle!

Once Joshua Navarre reunited with Gavin he had hit upon a plan. On a dark night they went out silently in a boat and once near the kings isle slid into the water leaving a companion to bring the boat to the isle in three nights. Swimming underwater a ways they found the sewer system and swam into the castle. When they reached a grate they lifted it and climbed out into the courtyard. Then they hid until a guard came by and Joshua disposed of him placing the guard in a convenient spot where no one would notice. Then they set about trying to find where William Navarre was kept.

C&C are helpful!
Flickr

I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Postby Aeridian » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 am

The story's pretty good. But some more description wouldn't hurt. ;)
Nice vignette. If you have anymore trans-blue/clear pieces it would make it look even better. :)
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
Flickr
Aeridian
Councilor

Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Postby SSchmidt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 am

Yes, I agree with the suggestions offered by Aeridian. Those trans plates work wonders for water!
PSN: SSchmidt-
SSchmidt
Councilor

Postby mpoh98 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Nice! It would be cool if you could make the water more interesting, maybe adding whitewater behind and to the side of the boat, and even making the boat more interesting.
Mocpages, Flickr, Brickshelf
Philippians 4:13
mpoh98
Sheriff

Postby josdu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks and thanks for the suggestions! Actually since that was just a fast build I didn't put too much work into it but anyway here my GCV:

William Navarre, due to the fact that some rascally Loresii convinced him to take a drink of wine (that stuff is addictive), soon got too drunk to fight back the queen's men or to remember all his hidden weapons. By the time he was again sober the queen's men had taken any weapons he had brought and he was in a dungeon all by himself, which had only one small window high above. Next day in the morning he received a chunk of black moldy bread and some water from the jailer. Thoughts swirled in his head, but each idea of how to escape was more impossible than the other. He threw himself on the cot. If only he hadn't come! Then he began to blame those Loresii that had him take some wine but at second thought he decided he didn't want to be the next Roawian martyr. He soon fell asleep thinking of a feasible way to escape. After he had been asleep for some time he suddenly awoke. What had awakened him? The only noise was the scurry of mice. Then muffled thuds came from outside. He got up and went near the door, which someone open.

"Joshua!" "Wait," Joshua replied, "come with me." They ran silently down the passageway followed by Gavin.

"What is your plan?" inquired Navarre of his brother. "There is a boat waiting outside the gate, but hush! Now comes the most dangerous part." "What's that?" "Passing the guard in charge of the alarm bell!" Joshua walked silently into the court, the guard saw him and reached for the bell just as Gavin's knife flew at him reaching him before he could ring the bell.

Suddenly the jailer burst into the court having discovered Navarre's absence and he raced up the stairs narrowly missing another of Gavin's daggers. Bong, bang, bong! The guards came rushing into the court and though they fought bravely soon Navarre, his brother, and Gavin of Lockwood were locked in the dungeon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

C&C are welcome :D !
Flickr

I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Postby mpoh98 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Very nice story! The pictures are very small though, and hard to see detail.
mpoh98
Sheriff

Postby Aeridian » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Oh no! Their escape was foiled... what will happen next?
One thing I noticed though, it's kinda confusing who's talking. Maybe when you have someone talk, have the next persons dialogue on the line below, instead of right after on the same line... I hope that made sense.
Your builds are improving, so keep at it, and with some better writing you'll do great! ;)
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
Flickr
Aeridian
Councilor

Postby blufiji » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:01 am

Love the boat vignette good work
blufiji
Villein

Postby josdu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks all! Well just go to my Flickr or click the picture and you can see them larger moph :wink: . Yea the talking is confusing, I'll try to fix that! I won't do this again :oops: (I'll not answer your comments if you put any here until I've got a story) , but can someone post something more please?
Flickr

I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Postby josdu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 pm

The rest of the GCV!(Don't worry Gavin I'll get you out :wink: I'm just not sure if it will count as part of the GCV):

Torture, a dreadful word. The wheel, the boot, the drop, all torture is horrible and painful. Yet sometimes one can undergo it and at other times one must. William Navarre and his brother were to soon come acquainted with torture. However, despite wishing very much to discourage them from escape, Maldrake, the new queen's adviser, did not wish to kill them, therefore the wheel or gibbet would not be their fare. Instead, William, as well as Gavin of Lockwood ,would have to undergo the drop while the unfortunate assassin, Joshua, would get a taste of the boot. During the painful torture William stared into Maldrake's hard cold eyes.
"I'm going to escape . . ."
"Go ahead," replied Maldrake, quite unconvinced.
"And, I'm going to kill you!" declared Navarre grimly.
"To the underground cell with him."
The guards hurried off with him and thrust him into what he considered a damp cave with only one window high above. Moreover, to insure no possible means of escape they locked him onto a heavy chain driven into solid rock. It appeared a manner of escape was unconceivable, let alone possible to enact!

When William awoke the jailer had already come and left him his poor share of food and water. It didn't take long for him to realize that the jailer had no schedule for when he came and sometimes he even came twice in one hour so an attempt at escape would be discouraged since the jailer could likely come at any time. To escape he would need first to break the chain that bound him so the next evening, as he presumed it was, he set to work an hour, he guessed, after the jailer had left. First Navarre tried to break the shackles using a huge boulder but it made so large an amount of noise that the guard came rushing in, "What in the world are you doing?!" "Uh, me?" "Who do you think I'm talking to? The wall?" he yelled aiming a slash at Navarre which he deftly avoided. "Oh, nothing happened except an underground avalanche." "Nothing but an underground avalanche, eh? Well, that's very unlikely but as you can't escape I'll leave you to yourself!" With that he slammed the door. Than Navarre quietly set to work at breaking the chain again, this time using a bone to pop a link of the chain. After a while when it was still not separating he took a drink of the musty water. He aimed a kick at a rat sending it darting away. Then he tried again. SNAP! Suddenly the link went flying and struck Navarre's left leg with the force of a thunderbolt. He suppressed a cry of pain, but suppressing the throbbing was the thought that at last he was free!…somewhat. Next step was to find out how to get out. As Navarre looked around his gaze invariable pointed upward… a sliver of what he thought to be moonlight glimmered in through a small window high above. An idea struck Navarre, if that window led to the outer wall of the castle… slowly and with much difficulty he began to ascend. After a tediously long time climbing, which he thought must have been about an hour, made all the more difficult by his hurt leg and his cumbersome chain of which a part he still had fastened on, he heard a creaking below and to his dismay the door opened and his jailer walked in! Navarre remained perfectly still while the astonished jailer looked all over making sure that he wasn't concealed, although, except were William really was, there was no hiding place in the damp cell. As the jailer turned his gaze upward Navarre closed his eyes waiting for the yell that would mean his recapture. Unexpectedly, however, he heard the jailer retracing his steps and close the door. The jailer was going! Had the guard seen him? No he thought not, but he had certainly discovered Navarre's absence, that is, what the jailer must have thought to have been his absence, and undoubtedly, he had alerted the rest of the guards. Even as he began to climb higher he heard the bell which would indeed make his escape even more perilous. When he reached the window, which he did in surprisingly few minutes, he heard the guard coming to recheck but he was through the window before they entered. As he began to peer out the window he expected to see the moon glittering on the lake… the moon however was nowhere, all was black except farther above there was.. a grate full of resplendent moonlight! He was shocked and disappointed! Footsteps sounded above and Navarre heard the angry voice of Maldrake. As William pondered what to do next it occurred to him that he was in the underground water resort, called the reservoirs, that every castle had. He realized that his only chance was to jump into what he thought was water below him. His chance of survival was undeniably slim though with a hurt, perhaps broken though he thought not, leg, as well as a burdensome chain and no idea, supposing always that he was correct in his assumption that beneath was the water in the reservoirs, how far it would be to the end of the underground lake if he could get out at all and how far he was from whatever was below him and on top of all that the guards thoroughly alert and looking for him. All this he summed up in a minute and, despite all the hypothetical situations necessary for him to live and escape, without second thought took the leap. He landed in the water and stung his left leg. As he began to swim in no particular direction he realized his left leg was no good for swimming but he managed to swim around for some time. After some while he felt his power draining. However just at the moment he started to sink he touched the rock bottom which infused in him enough energy to make it to the entrance! On rising to find out if the way out was locked however, he felt powerless. Seeing this he fell into a deep sleep and on awakening went to the entrance where sunlight dazzled his eyes which had gotten accustomed to the darkness. He found that it was unlocked! After he made his way out and to a dark corner he used what he found lying around to rid himself of the chain still secured to him.

As William Navarre walked down the passage way leading to the castle wall, he heard the unmistakable voice of Galainir say, "… made it clear, what do you say to my plans?" 'Wonderful!' thought the revengeful Navarre, 'Perhaps the time to strike has come.' But, to his disappointed, the others with her had weapons, so he thought it advisable not to try anything, though incautiously he thought eavesdropping not at all to dangerous. "Well I have several points," replied Maldrake's voice, "the first is that to many of are 'protecting' prisoners have been escaping and that the invasion throughout Roawia might be severely repulsed suppose we lost the majority of the captives. Especially important, 'Good' queen," at this the other two laughed Galainir with that evil laugh, "are the three leaders, so I'd strongly advise we let them live and not kill them.." "About that mission into the territory the Outlaws claim," the other adviser picked up where Maldrake had left off (really just plain interrupting), "I think that they are about the only ones who might prove to be loyal to you and if you just go invading into what they think of as there own the few willing to be in league with us would decide that they would not want to..." "Who cares about them when all of Roawia is under my power! Moreover, with a few outlaws captive, anyone knows that they wouldn't all be absent from such a great opportunity, we have them in our power! Ha ha ha!" Footsteps sounded in the hallway and Navarre beat a hasty retreat more intent on what he had overheard that whether any one was around the corner. Soon he was climbing the steps to the top of the castle wall. As he turned a corner leading into the open air he bumped right into a guard! This brought him out of his reverie and he sprung on the shocked guard who yelled to his comrades who came from all directions but appeared to have no inclination to stop the fight and crowded around on all sides except were the battlements were. After William overthrew the guard, however, they were upon him and he backed near to the battlements. He looked down... the scene which presented itself to view could terrify anyone, it was a sheer drop of almost fifty feet. This, or capture, was Navarre's only option. He again looked up at the guards. He glanced down, then up, then, astonishing the guards he threw himself over…

Falling falling… Splash! When he hit the water he felt like an eternity had past, not just seventy seconds. He was surprised an arrow had not made its way through him! Nevertheless he swam with will, encouraged be the fact that his leg no longer hurt, and for a whole dreary day he swam and floated on his back at intervals. Then he began to feel exhausted, but in the moonlight he saw something glimmer, it was a rooftop! Soon firm ground was beneath his feet. He was free! He began his trip back to Aldermore tower in the swamp lands down south without delay as he recalled what he had overheard.
C&C are welcome :D !
Flickr

I was...
josdu
Journeyman

Postby AK_Brickster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 pm

He must be an extremely slow faller if it took him 70 seconds to drop 50 feet!

D = (Vi)(t) + (a/2)(t^2)

D = distance = 50'
Vi = initial velocity = 0 ft/sec (assume he neither jumps up nor down, but simply straight out from the wall)
t = time (which is the variable we are solving for)
a = acceleration due to gravity (use 32.2 ft/sec)

Therefore: 50 = (0)(t) + (32.2/2)(t^2) ---> t^2 = (50)(2)/(32.2) = 3.10559 sec^2 ---> t = 1.76 seconds

:D
Image Image
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - - - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
AK_Brickster
Visconte des Paysans de Gong

Postby mpoh98 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Nice story! A agree with AK though, that is hilarious that it took him 70 SECONDS to drop only 50 feet. :lol:
mpoh98
Sheriff

Next

Return to Castle MOCs