Don Bruce Hogwarts MOCs

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Don41 wrote:Pics up on bricklink.com now, but they may not be approved yet as per Monday, 04 October 2002, 4:20 PM DST.
emphasis mine

Sorry, I just had to point this out, it was TOO funny! :D

BTW, did you mean BrickSHELF? Or BrickLINK?

Not that it matters...
Don41
Gong Farmer

Post by Don41 »

Yes, meant brickshelf.com AND 2004. At age 63 my mind is definitely going, and I thought that I had proofread it, too. Oh well! No wonder I sometimes have to build and rebuild and rebuild again till I get it 'right'.

Just added color (white) to the face of the interior colonade in the form of decorations and a white 'safety' railing with Ginny and Scabbers peering over it. Also the 1x12x3 light gray arches came in, so I finished the floor and put in the rest of the column bases.
Don41
Gong Farmer

Post by Don41 »

New photos have been added at brickshelf.com of the start of the third floor. Actually, the third floor is nearly completed now, but no pictures have been taken yet.

Continue to take liberties with this 'church' building's interior corner as Warner Brothers has ignored this building's interior in its first three HP films.

Built a large open area at the 'crossing'. Perhaps it was an indoor flying area, even though there is nothing about this in any of the books so far.

Also built two separate large crossing windows one above the other even though all photos of the WB model clearly show that there was only one.

This sure saves on light gray bricks, and gives me the chance to create more Gothic window tracery.
Don41
Gong Farmer

Post by Don41 »

New photos added to my brickshelf folder showing start of the 5th level.

Model moved onto green bedspread for the picture taking, but that was for the last time. Was just barely able to safely lift it both ways, and worried about dropping it. It is now to heavy for me to move.

Will built the 6th level next up to top of the 'crossing' and 'nave' pitched roofs, and top out the towers of the 'nave'.

The 7th level will just see the start of the huge tower where what would in a church be where the 'crossing' and 'nave' intersect. Will not have the bricks to complete it, and it blocky shape will be to boring to build.

Also, it top would be higher than the ceiling in the room. Yes, we are talking about some vertical exaggeration of my version here of the Warner Bros. model.