Tools De La Trade

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

Sinister tools you uses, Bufort! (Exept for the separator) Looks to me like a horror movie.
How do you use them? especailly the sharp hook?? :shock:

Painfully for the bricks too, I am afraid... :cry:
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.
Buford
Laborer

Post by Buford »

Yes, but I have the hands of a sturgeon. :wink:

The pick is great. I use the sharp end to pry apart plates. Use the point under a plate, rest the curve on a pin and twist. It’s also perfect for aligning a 1x1 or 2x1 brick so it drops into place of a large complex structure.

The end with a sharp curve is perfect for roof removal. Put the curve under shingles and just pull straight up.

A hemostat and flexible grabber for retrieving any LEGO in jail break mode.

Dull pen knife is useful for unpacking boxes of new LEGO.

I had doubts about the usefulness of the LEGO tool but I was using the wrong end. I sometimes use a narrow plate on the base plate as a foundation so I can hinge to other plates with tiles at the same level. The LEGO tool is perfect for taking all that apart.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

SavaTheAggie wrote:Just so you know, FYI

The term 'LEGO' is correct according to the LEGO company when referring to their product.

The term 'LEGO'+'s' is incorrect, the term LEGO should never be pluralized. According to the LEGO company, if you must use the term LEGO as a plural word, use the term LEGO Bricks or LEGO Blocks.

THIS is why I had fun in making the forum filter replace it with legos.

--Anthony
That is the best thing ever Anthony, thanks for making this. I always hated it when people said LEGO s.

Anyway I just use a brick seperater.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Buford wrote:Yes, but I have the hands of a sturgeon. :wink:

The pick is great. I use the sharp end to pry apart plates. Use the point under a plate, rest the curve on a pin and twist. It’s also perfect for aligning a 1x1 or 2x1 brick so it drops into place of a large complex structure.

The end with a sharp curve is perfect for roof removal. Put the curve under shingles and just pull straight up.

A hemostat and flexible grabber for retrieving any LEGO in jail break mode.

Dull pen knife is useful for unpacking boxes of new LEGO.

I had doubts about the usefulness of the LEGO tool but I was using the wrong end. I sometimes use a narrow plate on the base plate as a foundation so I can hinge to other plates with tiles at the same level. The LEGO tool is perfect for taking all that apart.
yOU MONSTER!
Never hurt your LEGO people, never. Sure that maybe all fine in Megablok Land but not here!
To get stuff apart I use my nails. I can't remeber clipping them in my entire life, because the LEGO blocks wear them down to the pink part. ouchies... :cry:
In conclusion I'd rather hurt myself then the preciouses... :P
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Whoa!! :shock: Now those are some tools. I think I'll stick with my girly things. I could seriously hurt myself with those.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Buford
Laborer

Post by Buford »

I don't have any LEGO people, just plates, bricks and baseplates, and I take care with them. Hence the use of tools.

>> Yes, but I have the hands of a sturgeon.

I had hoped with the explanation that I have paws like a bear or flippers like un-evolved fish might have shed some light on the problem. It is easier for me to palm a basketball than a 1x1 brick.

I am also hoping frequent use of LEGO may help with the arthritis.

I may be a monster, but that has little to do with LEGO Bricks.

I also spoke to my Insurance agent this week, In case he may at some future moment think $2,000 worth of LEGO abnormal I thought it best to clarify the issue now. Monster being a relative term. I don’t think I would play in traffic or visit a war zone to save a plastic brick. But what do I know? I am a new guy.

Thanks to one and all for clarification of the plural LEGO issue. It was not clear to me in the past, but I am reformed now.