Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

[MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

[MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Cesbrick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello everyone.

This is my latest MOC. It´s a watchtower sided by a crooked house close to a swamp!

I hope you like it!

ImageWTA1 by Cesbrick, on Flickr

ImageWTA2 by Cesbrick, on Flickr

ImageWTA13 by Cesbrick, on Flickr
User avatar
Cesbrick
Villein
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Brickninja » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:02 pm

I love all the detail and the irregular base.
Romans 8:38-39
The Brick Tavern Flickr
Image
Image
User avatar
Brickninja
Man-At-Arms
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm
Location: Eating Sushi

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby mpoh98 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Wow...I am speechless...what a beautiful creation! The detail, angles, and overall amazing look is fantastic!
Mocpages, Flickr
Support Huckleberry Finn on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
User avatar
mpoh98
Justiciar
 
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 am
Location: Lenfald of Roawia

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby richardanthonyc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:39 am

mpoh98 wrote:Wow...I am speechless...what a beautiful creation! The detail, angles, and overall amazing look is fantastic!


This! Epic build 8)
SIlent enim leges inter arma

Image
User avatar
richardanthonyc
Journeyman
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: The Windy West Of Hibernia

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Sir Erathor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 am

Now THIS is castle! Epic build! :D
For the Glory of Loreos!
Flickr|MOCpages|The Brick Tavern
Image Image
User avatar
Sir Erathor
Landlord
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Glorious Loreos

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby BrianofBrick06 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 am

Search a wonderful MOC. Congratulations, this is a work of art. I am not sure what to say to describe how amazing this build really is. Some of you are very good at creating an amazing play thing, which can also be a fantasy picture taken out of a work of fiction. Beautiful landscaping combined with architecture I have no idea how to recreate. Just, well done. I love seeing these sort of epic builds and there are many more I need to start commenting on throughout the forum, however, I must say these builds are absolutely daunting for someone rebuilding a collection from nothing. Even if I develop some semblance of a collection in the coming months, I have no idea how to build like this. I'm not sure I could ever build anything as nice as some of you artists. I hope my future MOCs are not laughable, but in the meantime i'm very proud of the amazing work this site produces. Great job Cesbrick, so awesome...
User avatar
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Pa

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Cesbrick » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 pm

BrianofBrick06 wrote:Search a wonderful MOC. Congratulations, this is a work of art. I am not sure what to say to describe how amazing this build really is. Some of you are very good at creating an amazing play thing, which can also be a fantasy picture taken out of a work of fiction. Beautiful landscaping combined with architecture I have no idea how to recreate. Just, well done. I love seeing these sort of epic builds and there are many more I need to start commenting on throughout the forum, however, I must say these builds are absolutely daunting for someone rebuilding a collection from nothing. Even if I develop some semblance of a collection in the coming months, I have no idea how to build like this. I'm not sure I could ever build anything as nice as some of you artists. I hope my future MOCs are not laughable, but in the meantime i'm very proud of the amazing work this site produces. Great job Cesbrick, so awesome...


Thank you for your words.
Well I just very recently came out of my dark ages and when I decided to start my collection, I had a very good idea what kind of builds I would like to do, so I bought my sets and made my bricking orders accordingly. Then it was a matter of experimenting with various technics and get inspired by some of the great builders. Yes, you got to have somesome skill, but effort and building a lot is paramount.
User avatar
Cesbrick
Villein
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Lil_Curt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 am

Just wow.... I love it. One day I will get there. For sake of disscussion, which sets did you start with whilst building your colection and in what quantaties?
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
User avatar
Lil_Curt
Journeyman
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm
Location: Thornton, CO

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Cesbrick » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:23 pm

I bought 1 tower bridge, 1 opera Sidney house, 1 haunted house, a few small sets from castle line but my main income was bricklink. Made more then 10 orders and bought a lot of browns and tans and greys :)

Oh and I also bought a lot of foulliage and acessories.:)

Mod edit: Merged two posts. Please use the "edit"-button instead of double-posting in the future. Thanks! /Maedhros
User avatar
Cesbrick
Villein
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Maedhros » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:58 pm

This is an excellent piece of work! The SNOT-work is very well done and I really like the sort of patched up and irregular feel you get from it all. The landscaping also looks good, especially the trees.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
User avatar
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: The dark forests of Sweden

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby pelle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm

What a splendid build.

For me the most brillant and innovative detail is the use of the worn lions-crusaders torso as a scarecrow ; I have also some old worn lions-crusaders torso's from my childhood but was never able to use them properly in their actual worn status ; you did perfectly.

Congrats.
pelle
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Cesbrick » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Maedhros wrote:This is an excellent piece of work! The SNOT-work is very well done and I really like the sort of patched up and irregular feel you get from it all. The landscaping also looks good, especially the trees.

Thanks Maedhros! I m glad you like it. :)
pelle wrote:What a splendid build.

For me the most brillant and innovative detail is the use of the worn lions-crusaders torso as a scarecrow ; I have also some old worn lions-crusaders torso's from my childhood but was never able to use them properly in their actual worn status ; you did perfectly.

Congrats.


Thank you pelle. I had the torsos from my childhood. :) Even worn out they are great!! :)
User avatar
Cesbrick
Villein
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby subix » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Truly amazing work.
I love how you achived leaned look of straight walls wit only by a fraction leaned tiles.
Color selection is great too. And use of old trosos is nice touch with all new bricks.
User avatar
subix
Laborer
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby Pedro Ivo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:20 pm

That's impressive!
I can stay for hours looking at all the details.
Really inspiring!
ImageoImage
Proud Loreesi
User avatar
Pedro Ivo
Apprentice
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 am

Re: [MOC] Watchtower of Gragoloon

Postby blufiji » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:32 pm

That's crazy good.
blufiji
Villein
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Next

Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: soccerkid6 and 3 guests