32 x 32 Camouflaged Outpost modded

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Quickblade22
22 times da man

32 x 32 Camouflaged Outpost modded

Post by Quickblade22 »

A little over a month ago, I passed my 10 year anniversary of being a member of CC. With this also being my 1000th post, I wanted to combine a few of my favorite things in the Castle theme. I love 32 x 32 builds and my all time favorite set is the Camouflaged Outpost. As you can see, I also used custom pieces from 3rd parties. I was inspired by the landscaping that has progressed over the last few years by various members. :wink: I've had this MOC built for over a year and have added and redone it many many times in the process. I'm sure I'll continue to modify it again. This was what I had hoped a revisited Forestmen's theme or an Elves theme would have been. Enjoy. :)

Image32 x 32 Modified Camo Outpost by Quickblade22, on Flickr

ImageAngle 2 by Quickblade22, on Flickr

ImageUnderground interior by Quickblade22, on Flickr

Link to the folder. Plus a few photos from the previous mod.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: 32 x 32 Camouflaged Outpost modded

Post by Brickninja »

Awesome work. That bent tree is too much.
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

Fantastic creation, and congrats on 10 years! That is amazing, what a long time. As Brickninja said, I love that bent tree :)
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Really neat use of the autumn foliage! I also like your updated forestmen. Maybe something could be done about the trees though. I think they could be made more interesting with some branches and the like. They look a bit too much like poles with leaves now I think.

I also like this concept with updated sets, it's always nice to see.

10 years btw?! That's crazy, how time flies.. But you must have been lurking for quite some time before you started posting, right?
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Brickninja wrote:Awesome work. That bent tree is too much.
Thanks. I wanted to try a tree technique I'd never done, and the over hanging arch over the stream (which was originally a pathway ) seemed like the perfect opportunity.
mpoh98 wrote:Fantastic creation, and congrats on 10 years! That is amazing, what a long time. As Brickninja said, I love that bent tree :)
Thanks. I've seen a lot of changes in how people build and think about their MOCs. The newer guys like yourself and Brickninja inspire just as much as the vets from my time.

Maedhros wrote:Really neat use of the autumn foliage! I also like your updated forestmen. Maybe something could be done about the trees though. I think they could be made more interesting with some branches and the like. They look a bit too much like poles with leaves now I think.

I also like this concept with updated sets, it's always nice to see.

10 years btw?! That's crazy, how time flies.. But you must have been lurking for quite some time before you started posting, right?
Thanks Jonas ;) You know how I feel about the lack of autumn foliage in official sets. I was tempted to use decals for the forestmen torsos, but I acquired enough Elven torsos which I thought would be great for the updated version. I'd love to see trees look more like trees. I even studied the look of the ones by my house to get more realistic, but settled on the classic feel of how trees are usually done in LEGO. If LEGO would make one simple piece, I think we'd be closer to that goal. they need to make a piece that is essentially these 2 pieces combined:
Image + Image

I think I lurked for 4 1/2 years before I ever posted. :wink:
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Quickblade22 wrote:I even studied the look of the ones by my house to get more realistic
Well, I can see it in the use of colours in any case, the way you used orange for that brown one (which I can't identify - aspen perhaps?) while you used yellow for the birches (right? botanic terms in English isn't exactly my field of expertise). By the way, the small grey bits you used there was also a nice touch to make them more recognizable. Oh, and now while at it I of course have to guess the others as well - is the darker red one supposed to be a rowan? (they have that colour over here at least) Then the big brown one would be an oak? ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Post by Aeridian »

Wow, 10 years? That's pretty amazing man! I really like those leaves, especially the different kind of trees you made with them. Great job!

I hope to be able to stick around for several years to come, and if not every day, then making sure to visit often.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Maedhros wrote:
Quickblade22 wrote:I even studied the look of the ones by my house to get more realistic
Well, I can see it in the use of colours in any case, the way you used orange for that brown one (which I can't identify - aspen perhaps?) while you used yellow for the birches (right? botanic terms in English isn't exactly my field of expertise). By the way, the small grey bits you used there was also a nice touch to make them more recognizable. Oh, and now while at it I of course have to guess the others as well - is the darker red one supposed to be a rowan? (they have that colour over here at least) Then the big brown one would be an oak? ;)

By "studied", I meant the shape and angles of the branches. I wanted to try a gray trunked tree because I have quite a few around here (but don't recall any with dark red leaves). I do have a huge tree in the woods behind my house that currently has dark orange leaves. I'm not really sure what kind of tree it is though.
Aeridian wrote:Wow, 10 years? That's pretty amazing man! I really like those leaves, especially the different kind of trees you made with them. Great job!

I hope to be able to stick around for several years to come, and if not every day, then making sure to visit often.
Thanks man. I spent a lot of time recently making simple trees using all the colors I now have. I have about 8 different shades of green and 6 different autumn colors. I also bought some pink, white, light bley, and transparent light blue. My tree building has improved since my first look at them in 1987.