CCCXII A creature in the dark - Babayagas hutt

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Legonardo
Pastellum Litestere

CCCXII A creature in the dark - Babayagas hutt

Post by Legonardo »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidhensel/15761418611/
The home of Baba Yaga. A bewitched cottage that according to legend, walks on the leg of a giant chicken, and possess many of the same characteristics of she who dwells there. Including the toe fungus.
CCCXII
Fairytale castle category
This. Was. A. Pain.
building a structure that stands on a travis brick and flexitube leg with supports that can only be placed where its hidden by the leg was possibly the most irritating thing ive ever done in lego. the second time i got it to stand, the leg collapsed on itself and the house took a roll off my desk and dived to the floor, believe you me i've had it with this build XD
Besides all the frustration, im happy with how it came out, quite happy that im done with it and next time it smashes will be the final time...
My FLickr [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/67866231@N02/[/url]
nanuck95
Court jester

Re: CCCXII A creature in the dark - Babayagas hutt

Post by nanuck95 »

Saw this on Flickr the other day. The build is pretty impressive, the cottage turned out really nice. I like the tan plates mixed in with the white walls to give it a slight mottled effect, and the angles for the roof is very well done. It's hard enough building something structurally sound at odd-angles out of LEGO, let alone mount it on top of a pair of brick built chicken legs (LEGO gets heavy very quickly!) Congrats on pulling it off, I can only imagine the difficulty you went through to make it work and it sounds like you were pretty frustrated, but the results are worth it. Good luck in the contest!
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

This is nuts, those angles are unbelievable!
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Its WITCHCRAFT I say.... or at the very least he figured out a way to alter gravity... nice build and angles, you always set the bar high and pull it off.

Great build glad you made it work.

Curt
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Jackson of Garheim
Villein

Post by Jackson of Garheim »

It's hard to believe this is real Lego! :shock: Great job! :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/people/111421927@N08/]My Flickr[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

This is just wonderful on so many levels! :D I'm really happy you persevered through the pain and frustration and brought us this. The house in itself is really well done but it's the weirdness of the leg that does it of course. Also, I'm very glad to see something Eastern European here, and Baba Yaga happens to be a favorite character of mine.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

From the looks of this, gravity works differently in your country. ;) Lovely build!
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

That's quite impressive, and the curving roofline and frayed rope ladder just give the house a perfectly fairy-tale-esqe feel. Amazing as always.