The Recruiter's Office

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
AardWolf
Apprentice

The Recruiter's Office

Post by AardWolf »

Hey everyone, here's a free build for Lenfald over on Lands of Roawia.

The Recruiter's Office:

Word spread quickly across Lenfald of High Lord Triphian's stand against the other leaders of Roawia. News soon reached even the westernmost cities and towns, and Darrenspur was no exception. The first messengers rode in just after nightfall on the eve of the Frülingsfest, a yearly tradition celebrating the arrival of spring and the start of the growing season.

Late in the night, a heavy knock fell upon Abner's door.

"Abner, waken yourself! We haven't a moment to waste."

Abner was instantly wide awake, his soldier's instincts springing him immediately into awareness. Serena mumbled something in her sleep as Abner quietly slipped out of bed. He turned, kissed her softly, and hastily whispered, "I love you," before moving toward the hall.

Icarus, the younger of Abner's two dogs, lifted his head questioningly as his master left. Halberd did not even stir.

"Some watchdogs you are," thought Abner with a smile.

He hurried to the front door, grabbing his bow and quiver on his way out. His sword was already with him- it never left his side.

Abner stepped out onto the stoop and closed the door softly behind him, then turned questioningly to the man who awaited him.

"What brings you at this hour, Konrad?" queried Abner.

Konrad was an old friend who had enlisted with Abner. They had both been selected to become rangers around the same time as well and had fought together every time they had seen combat.

"Abner, listen to me. The High Lord just denied Chartres the throne. The boy wanted to marry the daughter of that witch Galainir."

Abner was appalled. "What?? I know this will play well into that rat Jarius' hand, but tell me the Jarl at least had enough sense to see the folly in this decision!"

Konrad shook his head gravely. "Nay, friend. In this we stand alone. The Captain himself met our patrol after nightfall and ordered us to rouse the whole company." Konrad paused. "Abner, you know what this means... we may be gone for some time. Do you need some time to talk to Serena?"

Abner shook his head. "You know she's used to it by now. She can say goodbye in her sleep and know it happened in the morning."

"Then let's be off with haste."

The two men took off at a run down the path to Darrenspur.

--------------------------------------

The day of the Frülingsfest dawned a much more somber one than most had been expecting. The people had been eager for a hopeful celebration after years of war and hardship, only to be met once again with grim news.

Darrenspur's militia had been mustered and was busy with various tasks, from sharpening weapons and fletching arrows to helping workers mine stone for new fortifications.

The Rangers had been briefed the night before and had dispersed to perform their various duties. Abner and Konrad were sent to the local army recruiting station to seek out potential enlistees who possessed the skills to join the Rangers. Everyone knew that war with Loreos was a distinct possibility, and more men would be needed for that fight.

Inside the recruiting station, Abner and Konrad watched as the fancifully dressed recruiter spoke with potential enlistees.

"Yes, it's exactly like how you imagined it! You'll slay a dragon for sure and you're bound to meet a beautiful dame in a foreign land who will be eager for you to take her away! Now, just sign this parchment saying that you are now property of the Province of Lenfald..."

"Think he's seen a day of combat in his life?" muttered Konrad.

"He's probably one of those supply types. Just sits back and drinks all of our mead while we fight," chuckled Abner. "Can you believe the nonsense he's feeding these poor boys?"

"They'll learn soon enough," replied Konrad. "They'll figure out what they signed up for and they will overcome their fears. We did."

Abner nodded in agreement. "Still, there are fewer men here than I was expecting. Looks like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not too many prospects to choose from."

"Most of those who were capable died in the last two wars," commented Konrad.

"Looks like we may be reporting back to the Captain empty-handed then," replied Abner.

"Let's hope not."
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Re: The Recruiter's Office

Post by LittleJohn »

Excellent interior! I really like the floor and the inset arches look great! :woo:
David FNJ
Villein

Post by David FNJ »

The floor really stands out here, excellent job!
For the Glory of Loreos!
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/97537]MOCpages[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidfnjlegoproductions/]Flickr[/url]
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

LittleJohn wrote:Excellent interior! I really like the floor and the inset arches look great! :woo:
I'm glad you like it- I wanted to try out a couple of new techniques so I'm glad they turned out well :)
David FNJ wrote:The floor really stands out here, excellent job!
Thank you! :)
Justin M
Sheriff

Post by Justin M »

Fantastic work! One of my favorites from you! :D
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/86369329 ... 2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/112482494@N07/]Flickr[/url] [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/79686]Mocpages[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jbob]Brickshelf[/url]
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

Justin M wrote:Fantastic work! One of my favorites from you! :D
Thanks Justin! Glad you like it :)
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

I like that floor.