Robin Hood Trysting Tree MOC

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
ootkaman
Villein

Robin Hood Trysting Tree MOC

Post by ootkaman »

Image Image Image

I wanted to share an MOC I created based on the popular ballads of Robin Hood, with a trysting (meeting) tree where Robin and his Merry Men can gather.

This model features a large three story tree-fort that splits in half for increased playability, yet also locks into place for better stability.

The minifigures include Robin Hood, George a Greene, Bettris, Much the Miller's Son, and Sir Guy of Gisbourne.

You can also see these and other pictures in better quality through Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104046995 ... 5403252558

This is the first of four planned MOCs revolving around Robin Hood. The other projects are:

Little John's Lair
Marian's Prisoner Rescue
Will Scarlet's Outpost

If you feel so inclined to support it, I also have this MOC on Lego Ideas at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/108565. I personally think there can never be too many Forestmen or Dark Forest-like sets, especially with a Robin Hood twist!
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Re: Robin Hood Trysting Tree MOC

Post by LittleJohn »

Really cool build! I like how the tree opens up and the targets are neat too :)
ootkaman
Villein

Post by ootkaman »

Thanks so much! I had fun designing and getting parts for it. There are already cool Forestmen and Dark Forest sets out there, but it was a lot of fun trying to make it like Robin Hood and include pieces those designers didn't have in their arsenal
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

As with the other set you have in this serries. This is a verygood little build. I like the cladsic feel as well. I think it fits the forestmen theme very well.

Good job :)
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
ootkaman
Villein

Post by ootkaman »

I really appreciate it! I tried to make them compliment the other sets well. Stay tuned for the third and fourth sets as well, with Marian and Will Scarlet. They are smaller, but also cool IMO :)