Q and A about Keeps and Castle Walls

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Q and A about Keeps and Castle Walls

Post by Master Blobicus »

Hello

As stated in my last post I am a great wall builder but a bad keep maker. I would like to know some things and tell you somethings so here it goes.

Questions

What should a keep look like?

What should be put in to a keep?

where should a keep be put?

Comments

I make my walls (though I usually run out of bricks) in two ways. The way I normally make walls is by puting 1 line of double sided brickout for as long as it needs to be and then I end it with (depending on the hieght) put 1 or 2 corner pieces on the corner. But the inside is halo so I renforce it with 6 long 2 wide bricks and (depending on the length) place them 3 or 2 times on the inside. Then were there aren't renfinforced bricks I can put soldiers sleeping or playing chess.

Thanks for your time,
Master Blobicus
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

I think people will start asking pictures before giving you some help.
To me a keep should be higher than a wall, but thats all I can tell, because I'm bad at building stuff
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Well, if it's a REALISTIC looking keep you want I'd recomend you to search the net for pictures, google, AV, yahoo and so on. It's really the best source.

And if you want a more fantasy-thing then go on and build whatever you want, the most important thing is that we get to se pictures of it when you're done ':wink:'

-joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

My keep, as I mentioned in another thread, is simply a box with a 34*34 base, about a foot and a half tall, with battlements on top. It's not very good, but it does the trick. Inside, I have a storage room, a dungeon, living quarters and a dining hall (once I expand, I'll have the kitchen, garderobe, barracks and stables, etc.). There's a thread about what should be kept in a castle on this site, and it can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=1764&highlight=keep
I don't have enough bricks or room for outer walls, but if I did, the keep would be somewhere on the inside, obviously. It can be connected to the outer walls or not. It's your choice.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Master B -

I like keeps on mountain tops, or next to rivers, something that adds a bit of extra "natural" defense. I also thing they're cooler when they open up so you can see inside. Some folks are heavy into the details, me not so much. I never seem to leave enough room.
I think a good keep is two or three stories high if you don't have a lot of bricks (though that may end up eating up quite a lot as it is) not counting the towers.

Like everyone else here, I'd love to see some pics!