Colossal Castle Contest 14

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
ReeseEH
Gong Farmer

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Post by ReeseEH »

In light of that, is there any restrictions on the size of the ships? I saw something about maximum size being 2 baseplates, but I'm not sure if it applies to that category.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Great categories this year! :)

One quick question, can we use custom third party pieces such as Brickforge, Brickarms, Brickwarriors and Altbricks in the two Miscellaneous Categories? In previous years it was allowed but it wasn't specified this time.
Dubbadgrim
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Dubbadgrim »

The time rolls around so quickly! Looking forward to breaking a bit of a building rut for this years comp :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/110562270@N03/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dubbadgrim]Brickshelf[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

In light of that, is there any restrictions on the size of the ships? I saw something about maximum size being 2 baseplates, but I'm not sure if it applies to that category.
8. We will get back to you with the answer to that one.
One quick question, can we use custom third party pieces such as Brickforge, Brickarms, Brickwarriors and Altbricks in the two Miscellaneous Categories? In previous years it was allowed but it wasn't specified this time.
9. The third party pieces are only allowed in customizing categories.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

How do I put multiple pictures in my entry? Thanks!
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
tomcatrio
Gong Farmer

Post by tomcatrio »

Question please.

1. Does the medieval warship category have to be realistic? Can it be fantasy in nature such as featuring Orcs and Sea serpents. Does it actually have to be a sea-going vessel - i am thinking of building something like a flying-dragon-warship-thing with orcs leaping on to a fortress wall. NOT steampunk no definitely not going there, but using medieval castle set style - wood, sails, wizards and magic.
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

My entry hasn't shown up yet... I posted it last night... Is it a bug in the system? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks!
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

How do I put multiple pictures in my entry? Thanks!
10. You put your entries in a "folder" or "set" or "album" and link it in the entry form. The entry for CCC with only show one photo on the page, but it will link.

1. Does the medieval warship category have to be realistic? Can it be fantasy in nature such as featuring Orcs and Sea serpents. Does it actually have to be a sea-going vessel - i am thinking of building something like a flying-dragon-warship-thing with orcs leaping on to a fortress wall. NOT steampunk no definitely not going there, but using medieval castle set style - wood, sails, wizards and magic.
11. We will get back to you.
My entry hasn't shown up yet... I posted it last night... Is it a bug in the system? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks!
12. Nothing is wrong. All entries have to go through an individual review by the admins before they show up on the entry page. It will show up once it is approved. If it doesn't, you will end up on the "naughty list" and be told what needs to be fixed for it to be approved.

Please be patient with us. I know that annoys many of you, but like you, your admins have lives other than CCC. We log in and do what we can when we can. But currently, family and real life work obligations are the distractions. We WILL get it approved.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Please be patient with us. I know that annoys many of you, but like you, your admins have lives other than CCC. We log in and do what we can when we can. But currently, family and real life work obligations are the distractions. We WILL get it approved.
Ok, sorry... I am just anxious... And new... :)

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Ok, sorry... I am just anxious... And new... :)
Oh don't be sorry. Asking is good. We're a friendly but busy bunch, but we know we fall behind. So periodically we give the "please be patient" comment...which has in the past annoyed. Sometimes we forget what it is like to be on the builders side of a contest. But we do the best we can.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Bluesecrets wrote:
Oh don't be sorry. Asking is good. We're a friendly but busy bunch, but we know we fall behind. So periodically we give the "please be patient" comment...which has in the past annoyed. Sometimes we forget what it is like to be on the builders side of a contest. But we do the best we can.
Well, I am just respecting those who take time out of their life for my enjoyment. ;) Man, every year... That must be rough... :P

Roy of Floremheim
Serf

Post by Roy of Floremheim »

Like others have already said, great categories! I especially like the winter one. :roflol:
~Roy
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Was mine not approved? Mark of Falworth's build came out, but mine still hasn't...

TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Also, is posting it in the Castle Mocs Forum different than entering an entry in the contest page? If that is why, that would be what I am having trouble with...

Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I'm really excited about this CCC. Great categories and prizes, already got an entry done!

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life