Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 15

Post by Bluesecrets »

Update: Judging is nearing completion.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

Exciting news! :) And thanks for all your updates throughout the contest, Blue.
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the results! It was a ton of fun competing no matter the results. :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

LittleJohn wrote:Exciting news! :) And thanks for all your updates throughout the contest, Blue.
I am trying. I know the frustrations that judging takes too long. We're super close. Like we're at the final last little details. Well except for master builder. We do that after the results come out.

Anyway, I'm trying to help remove frustration. Trying to be open and honest. Because quite frankly...when you are the admins here and people get all angry and not nice...when you've spent countless hours running this contest...it totally makes you feel defeated.

So please...before you start getting all angry and start attacking me or the other admins...stop and think about just how much time it takes to moderate and approve every single build. To answer all those questions. To get the prizes. To program the pages. To crunch the numbers. To spend enough time looking at each and every entry so that you feel like you have judged it in the most possibly fair way.

And then please think again, because being attacked for running a FREE contest...just really sucks all the happy out of you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
KevinyWu
Gong Farmer

Post by KevinyWu »

I only recently joined the LEGO community online, and the CCC is the first contest I've ever entered in.

Let me just say, the contest is super smooth, and the entries are all very organized and easily viewable. Props to the Classic Castle team for running this competition.

In the end, I really don't care too much about the results. Sure, winning would be nice, but seeing all the great entries and discovering new building techniques is definitely the best part. Thanks again to the team for hosting a great tournament for the community!
MandyNeko
Gong Farmer

Post by MandyNeko »

I'm excited to see the Results! It's too bad that you were given grief over a free contest that you run in your free time. I know lots of folks are appreciative of the effort you put in!